2,589 results
All reviews brasserie blanc feature room queen square car park lovely hotel superior room afternoon tea central location classic room nespresso machine per night third floor bed was very comfortable royal crescent main attractions within easy walking distance eggs benedict
Reviewed 8 December 2017

The hotel is very easy to access from the M4 and although there are double yellows outside it seems ok to off load your bags directly outside. The hotel will park your car (if there are spaces £15 a night). The rooms are spacious and quaint, the hotel is very close to the sights and shopping of the centre of Bath. Just a few minutes and your right there. The staff are friendly and not pushy. I would return for sur albeit a tad expensive

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ter F
FrancisHotelBath, Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear Ter F,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I will pass your kind comments to the team, we are very proud of them.

We are very lucky with our position within the city, making it very easy to get our and explore this wonderful city.

During your stay our rates are at there peak, we would love to welcome you back and I recommend January, February, March and early November for our best rates.

We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 6 December 2017

This is an historic hotel, which means that unfortunately they cannot replace their windows with double pane windows and the floors creak. We arrived from Heathrow jet lagged and tired. They got us a room near the back, but also near the staircase. As we tried to rest it sounded like a herd of wilderbeasts stampeding through the hotel. Finally we gave up trying to rest and went out for a walk.

we moved rooms to one near the front. Unfortunately we were not warned that the front is a very busy street at night - including many motorcyles and the windows are thin. We started using ear plugs and playing "white noise" on my ipad and two iphones to sleep. Then, of course, the floors creaked because it was an historic hotel. Not good for sleep.

Perhaps had we been given a room in the back, on the top floor and away from the staircase, we would have had a better chance.

Breakfast was pretty bad. Watery scrambled eggs and a limited selection of pastries and cheeses. The coffee was so thick and muddy that I started to drink tea. Dinners were much better.

Staff was helpful in showing were everything was located on the map and Bath is a wonderful city to visit and to just stroll in and around. People are friendly and the Georgian architecture is phenominal, as are the Roman Baths. We just wish the hotel had been a bit quieter.

Room Tip: See if you can reserve a room on the top floor facing the back.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
FrancisHotelBath, Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear ijloewy,

Thank you for your review.

I am so happy to hear you found the staff so helpful, I will pass your kind words to them.

I am disappoint to read you have not slept well whilst staying with us, due to being a listed building we are restricted in what we are able to change, I will speak with the reception team as they should have warned you about the front of the hotel being nosier due to the road, as you had requested to move because of the noise. There will be further training with team to make sure this does not reoccur

We have passed your comments to the Brasserie Blanc in reference to the coffee so they are able to rectify this.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon to our lovely city.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Beautifully decorated hotel and well apportioned rooms.
Situated in centre of Bath
Downside- limited car parking so you have to park your car in a City Car park wherever there is a space.
Service at front reception desk was very attentive.
Bar service was very vey slow .
Overall great location and Hotel, just needs to improve Bar service.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear JJJG2013,

Thank you for lovely review.

We are very proud of our front office team and I will pass your kind words to them.

I have spoken with the Brasserie Blanc in regards to the service in the bar and we are working with them to improve the service speed.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com
FrancisHotelBath, Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Reviewed 1 December 2017

We stayed for one night. Upon check in, we were curtly advised that we'd need to be out of the car park by 12pm the following day.
The housekeeping wasn't good. The carpet in our feature room was covered in fluff and hair, the so called luxury toiletries had already been used, The walls were scuffed and chipped, the carpet leading in to the bathroom was torn and protruding, causing my four year old to trip and hurt herself. The previous occupants breakfast order form was left in the room.
We were woken at 6.30am by somebody playing very loud music from another room. Breakfast was very basic, once we'd made our own toast, and almost finished breakfast, we were presented with a menu offering cooked breakfast choices and an apology that the waitress had forgotten to let us know.
The hotel looked generally scruffy and more like 3 stars at most. When asked at check out if everything was ok, the receptionist didn't seem interested in hearing the details as new guests were checking in. Overall, we were left feeling disappointed, and expected a lot more after seeing the website photos.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank mimi210473

Dear mimi210473,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to see you found your stay disappointing, we are normally throughout the year able to offer a extension on the parking, however during the Christmas markets in Bath we do have restrict the parking to the check out time, and I am sorry this came across a being said curtly, we do try to advise guests when checking in so they are able to plan around this.

The Head Housekeeper has been informed in reference to the state of the floor and the toiletries and I have asked her to make sure the carpets and toiletries are checked in detail on the room checks. She has asked me to associate her apologies.

Would I be able to ask you to email me with the room number you stayed so we are able to have a look at the walls and the carpet, my email is h6636-gm@accor.com.

We have passed your comments in regards to the breakfast the Brasserie Blanc team and have spoken with them about making sure the menus are on the table when you are seated, thank you for bring this to our attention.

The reception team send there apologies that it came across that they were un-interested when talking with you in regards to the concerns you had, we pride ourselves on our customer service and it does seem we missed the mark on this occasion, we welcome all feedback.

kind regards