2,573 results
All reviewsbrasserie blancfeature roomqueen squarecar parklovely hotelsuperior roomafternoon teacentral locationclassic roomnespresso machineper nightthird floorbed was very comfortableroyal crescentmain attractionswithin easy walking distanceeggs benedict
Reviewed 5 November 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
FrancisHotelBath, Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Reviewed 5 November 2017

This is not the luxury they they claim. The food and beverage has been let out to Brasserie Blanc who are not used to providing a luxury service. Anyone who has stayed there in the past under the original system will be disappointed.

Room Tip: Do not use room 129 as the shower is bigger than the rest of the bathroom
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jonandros

Dear Jonandros

Thank you for sharing your experiences of The Francis Hotel following your recent visit. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I am sorry to see you did not enjoy the food and beverage, could I please as you to contact me at h6636-gm@accor.com with some more details so I am able to try and rectify the issues you experienced.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

My daughter treated me for my birthday to a night at the Francis. The staff were very friendly and helpfull. Our room comfortable and nicely furnished, and the bathroom was spacious with the benefit of a window. The lighting in the bedroom was deplorable and it was almost too dim to read in. The net curtain was badly torn. I had stayed previously over a New Year in 2005 before the Francis had been taken over by Mecure and the bedroom I was allotted on this occasion was in the attic with both net curtains in tatters! We throughly enjoyed our nights stay and slept very well. The breakfast the following morning was dreadful, very poor selection on the continental breakfast and the hot buffet (sorry mean cold buffet) was not only stone cold but swimming in fat and oil. We did mention this both at the table and later at reception but this was only met with a mumbled apology. I would stay here again but certainly not partake of the breakfast at the price it was charged at!

Stayed: October 2017

Dear jackiea923.

Thank you for passing on your thoughts following your recent stay with us. I'm pleased that you found our staff friendly and helpful. I am sorry you did not find the room to be as perfect we like them to be. Please could I ask you to contact me at h6636-gm@accor.com with your room number so we are able to fix the curtain you described.

I am sad to see you did not enjoy your breakfast with us, we are working closely with the Brasserie to improve the breakfast experience and thank you for your feedback as we take the issues you experienced to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

We’ve stayed here on 6 occasions now and love it every single time.

Modern rooms, very friendly service and perfect location. Beds very comfortable and rooms have all the mod cons you’d expect. Lovely breakfast too.

Wouldn’t stay anywhere else in Bath!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Lou M

Thank you very much for your fantastic review! I was delighted to read that you found everything to be perfect ( as with previous stays) and you found our location suited your needs. Thank you too for your kind words about our staff.

See you next time you are in town!

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Stayed here on my recent visit to Bath, booked via booking.com - we chose the 'pay at property' option which is always helpful. We stayed in a standard double the first night, followed by a superior double on the second (explanation to follow!)

The hotel itself is in a good location. Right by The Jane Austen Centre, and minutes away from the main street and the roman baths.

1st night;

Our first night was spent in room 125 on the first floor, in a standard double room. The room itself was ok with a decent sized bathroom. The fun came when trying to sleep! You could hear every footstep from the corridors and above, and there was a problem with the fan meaning that there was a horrific noise going off for most of the evening. I am never one to complain, but after an evening with very little sleep, I did just that. The receptionist was extremely understanding and very helpful. We were offered 2 alternative rooms, both on the second floor. In the end, we were moved to a superior room at no additional cost on the second floor.

2nd night;
After moving rooms, our evening was far more comfortable and quiet. The room itself was a great size with a lovely bathroom (as the photos show).

Overall, I'll probably stay at this hotel again, but I would recommend trying to get a room on either the 2nd or 3rd floor (Superior room or better)

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear GutoDavies

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent stay with us. I'm pleased with, and take note of the positive elements of your stay and I thank you for those.

I am glad you found the receptionist helpful in resolving the issue with the noise in the room and I am glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay in your superior room.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future.