2,592 results
All reviews brasserie blanc feature room queen square car park lovely hotel superior room afternoon tea central location classic room nespresso machine per night third floor bed was very comfortable royal crescent main attractions within easy walking distance eggs benedict
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Stayed here on my recent visit to Bath, booked via booking.com - we chose the 'pay at property' option which is always helpful. We stayed in a standard double the first night, followed by a superior double on the second (explanation to follow!)

The hotel itself is in a good location. Right by The Jane Austen Centre, and minutes away from the main street and the roman baths.

1st night;

Our first night was spent in room 125 on the first floor, in a standard double room. The room itself was ok with a decent sized bathroom. The fun came when trying to sleep! You could hear every footstep from the corridors and above, and there was a problem with the fan meaning that there was a horrific noise going off for most of the evening. I am never one to complain, but after an evening with very little sleep, I did just that. The receptionist was extremely understanding and very helpful. We were offered 2 alternative rooms, both on the second floor. In the end, we were moved to a superior room at no additional cost on the second floor.

2nd night;
After moving rooms, our evening was far more comfortable and quiet. The room itself was a great size with a lovely bathroom (as the photos show).

Overall, I'll probably stay at this hotel again, but I would recommend trying to get a room on either the 2nd or 3rd floor (Superior room or better)

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
FrancisHotelBath, Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear GutoDavies

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent stay with us. I'm pleased with, and take note of the positive elements of your stay and I thank you for those.

I am glad you found the receptionist helpful in resolving the issue with the noise in the room and I am glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay in your superior room.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very central. Limited parking at the hotel but a long stay car park is 5 minutes away (charge £8.50/24hrs). Our room was small and on the third floor with a limited view (I'd ask for a front facing room next time). However, the bed was very comfortable with lovely bedding and fluffy pillows. The shower is powerful and big (no bath in our room) and water and an ample tea tray provided. We asked for a magnifying mirror and this was provided with no fuss. At all times the staff made us feel welcome and important. Lovely bar atmosphere too.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear lizzieloo66,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review! I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay, and found the hotel staff to be so accommodating

The rooms on the top floor do feel a little more cosy as this was the style the hotel was built in, we would recommend requesting a lower floor as this rooms do have much taller ceilings.

See you next time you are in town!

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights over the weekend. Upon arriving we thought parking might be an issue but gladly we found a space behind the hotel in their private parking. Staff are very polite and friendly. We had a feature room which was on the first floor situated at the back over looking the car park not a brilliant view but at least no noise from the busy street. The decor and bed four poster is not really appealing to me but it was spacious and had 2 t.v's and a good sofa bed. The only negative I have is the lightening there could do with a brighter light in the bathroom. Housekeeping could have been a bit cleaner especially on the bathroom floor and around the toilet roll holder. The shower worked brilliantly and had The White Company Noir toiletries which were great. We had a turn down service for one night and were left a chocolate on the pillar and slippers put by the bed nice touch. Overall I would recommend this feature room for 3 people or in our case 2 adults and a teenager as there was plenty of room. Breakfast was a little hectic and the food was average but definitely not 4, but you can ordered eggs to be cooked, florentine and hollandaise etc which costs around £14.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back for quietness
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Amelia03,

Thank you very much for your lovely review! I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay, and found the hotel staff to be so accommodating

I am sorry to hear the room was not up to our usual standard in terms of cleanliness, we have informed the head housekeeper, who has done some re-training with the team.

We have passed your feedback for your breakfast experience to the Brasserie Blanc team.

We hope to see you next time you are in town!

Reviewed 28 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com