“Great!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Hampshire, UK
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

My partner and I stayed from the 24 to 26 January for his 40th birthday and I have to say I could not fault anything at all at the Hilton, it was fantastic!

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite and it was fantastic.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
kimBath, Administrator at Hilton Bath City, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your positive comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath City.

Hilton Bath City
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Lancashire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

My wife and I discovered this hotel whilst walking around Bath and called in to see if they had rooms.
Great location, helpful staff, clean comfortable and warm room. Perhaps most of all it is so close to all the wonderful attractions of Bath we didn't ned our car for 4 days and left it in the hotel car park at a special low rate.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank thevegetarian
Dear Sir/Madam

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to the Hilton Bath City and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly are very fortunate with our central location.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here on the 22nd of jan and we enjoyed every minute of it! Its in a great location as everything is walking distance. Plus it's right by the river. We stayed in the Austen suite which had stunning views. It was a beautiful room, very clean and had the comfiest bed I've ever slept on! The room had a big wide screen tv which was great and we were pleased that check out was at 12pm, which gave us a lot more time. Breakfast was lovely, there was so much to choose from! The dining room also had beautiful views :) the staff were very friendly and very helpful. We had a drink at the hotel bar in the evening and asked the bar tender for directions to a restaurant, to which he gave us a map and explained to us where it was :)
We both had a fantastic stay here and would deffinitly return & reccomend it to others :)

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Sir/Madam

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to the Hilton Bath City and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly are very fortunate with the central location.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath City.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

The Hilton is an OK hotel but nothing special, especially considering the price you pay. Bath hoteliers can get away with charging high prices but it's about time us customers got more value for money.

Plus points: good central location, pleasant bar area, friendly and helpful staff, fast checkout available, clean, OK room with great view over the river.

Downsides: pricey, showing signs of wear in many public areas, soft and uncomfortable mattress, room on the small side.

Major downside: typical chain hotel rip-off of charging for wifi in your room.

Major major downside: said wifi was so awful I switched back to 3G connection.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank F4monty
United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Do not book online. After a very disappointing stay i complained only to be told, because i paid via internet they would not refund my money. I did pay Hilton hotels, i have a receipt but still they refused saying it was a different company. What a load of rubbish, my credit card statement says I'd paid hilton hotels, i booked it through my Hilton honors site. After some very frustrating phone calls to the USA, of all places, to sort this out, we gave up, cancelled our members ship with Hilton Honors. Never will be stay at Hilton again, they treated us like rubbish.

Booked a luxury room with queen bed to find it was only four foot wide, room so small we couldn't put our case's down to unpack. The carpets where fifthly, old smashed up biscuits on the tea tray. One soap, one shampoo etc for both of us. Didn't sleep due to very noisy student pub opposite that rocked most of the night. No help with case's, not enough staff in restaurant, it was a joke, the list is endless.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Monica707

Travellers are raving about these Bath hotels