I booked a WeightWatchers Magazine Spa Day including light lunch and a 30 min treatment. The Spa area was good, but I have a few points to make.
1. Only 1 locked changing cubicle, the rest of the changing room is open plan. A few more for those of us who prefer privacy would be a good idea.
2. There is a old school type drinking fountain in changing room. However, I needed the water to take tablets and there are no cups provided. You can only imagine the nightmare that was to swallow the tablets and slurp from a fountain at the same time!
3. There is no water cooler dispenser or complimentary tea in the Spa Reception, just a bowl of highly polished apples! Not sure if for decoration or eating purposes.
3. Relaxation Room which you are taken to after a Spa Treatment has herbal/fruit teas, but no breakfast tea, which would have been a nice touch, for those of us who prefer real tea.
4. Lunch in Al Fresco dining area was lovely... organic salmon, followed by chocolate brownie! Livio the Lunch Manager was great, attentive and welcoming.
5. Stopped for tea and scone afterwards, and nearly had a heart attack at the prices. £4.50 for pot of tea and £4.50 for 1 scone with cream and jam. Lovely, but over-priced I think.
Lovely day after saying all that, but only on a discounted special offer price I think.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated in the heart of historic Bath and within walking distance of the major attractions and city centre, Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel is one of the leading five-star hotels is this popular destination. With years and years of history behind its wall and rich in character, the history is subtly complimented by modern facilities and amenities such as a relaxing spa and outdoor hydrotherapy pool. The food at Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel is simply outstanding and awarded two AA rosettes for quality and service in the popular Vellore Restaurant. Unwind overlooking the fabulous grounds with stunning views over the city. For that extra special treat, consider booking an Imperial Suite with its very own butler service, one of the best ways to stay in historic Bath. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Bath Hotel Bath
- Macdonald Hotel Bath
- Bath Hotel Spa
- Macdonald Bath Spa