“Standard wethers(a good thing)”

The Sheaf Island Wetherspoons
Ranked #613 of 1,564 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: JD Wetherspoon offer a classic pub with a modern twist. Built on the site of the old Wards Brewery we offer an excellent selection of traditional ales and real ciders. We display a fantastic range of spirits, including new craft gins. We provide a large bottled cider and beer range including exclusive Craft beers. Food is served from 8am until 11pm every day, offering all the classics from Breakfasts to Burgers right through to Steaks, Curries and Sunday Brunch. Enough choice to treat yourself on a lunch break or feed a group of friends and family. We also offer takeaway on all our food items and hot drinks We continue to offer fantastic offers and promotions so keep your eyes peeled!
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Huge boozer located at the end of eccy road just a 5 minute drive from the city centre. Huge choice of ales, bit unfair to comment on the staff as the guy who served us was his first day so...you can imagine. Really busy with plenty of food orders being taken. Will visit again for food.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

A good setting for a couple cold blue moons between friends and alot of laughs. Can't complain about the quality of beer or the service. Especially with the table service app by Wetherspoons. Really nice large premises and an abundance of seating for us all.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I visited this restaurant with some friends and we were not happy with the service received. Staff did not seem like they even wanted to be there and seemed to take it out on customers. We waited 40 minutes for our food and the restaurant wasn't even busy. When it did arrive, the waitress slammed the plates down and stormed off. The food was cold and bland. I usually love visiting Weatherspoons but this has really put me off returning for meals.

I returned later in the evening for a drink with my partner and it seems that they had a change of staff as all staff there later in the day were very polite and even though the restaurant was busier none of them seemed to be taking out on customers. I understand people can have bad days but the attitude of the staff during the day was appalling and there was no need for them to take it out on us.

1  Thank JennyJane92
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Have visited Sheaf Island before and enjoyed it but not this time! My wife and I ordered two traditional breakfasts. The actual ingredients were reasonable quality but were served completely cold AND on a completely cold plate. I was hungry enough to eat mine but my wife left most of hers and felt I'll for some time afterwards.
When I made the waitress aware of this as she cleared our table she did apologise and suggest that we should have made them aware and they would have 're-prepared' our food and if we wanted to speak to the manager he was available. I said there seemed to be little point as it was impossible for staff to not know this but please could she pass on our views.
Call us pernickity but we feel that a cooked breakfast should be served hot and on a hot plate. This was obviously not the case and should never have left the kitchen. It's no exaggeration to say that we found the experience insulting, it spoilt our day and we're not sure we'll be eating in any Wetherspoons again and certainly not for a while!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Had breakfast here a couple of times over the past few months and the value for money and quality is great, think it was less than £3.50 for the breakfast and cooked as requested. Happy to recommend just sorry we don't live a bit closer.