“Excellent Food & Service!”
Review of Julio's

Julio's
Ranked #536 of 1,605 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 December 2017

We booked quite late and Julio's were able to accommodate our party of 6. The staff were very friendly and helpful, without being overbearing. We all ordered starters & mains. Starters for our group were calamari and nachos and our mains were chicken fajitas, pizza and various fillet stakes.

The food was all excellent and the steaks were absolutely fabulous. Our meals arrived in good time, were piping hot & fresh. The house wine was also very good and great value.

I have to admit I was a little hesitant in booking after reading some of the recent reviews on here, but we had a fabulous night and highly recommend Julio's based on our experience.

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

It was my mum's 70th birthday and a table for 10 was booked. The place was packed but this didn't deter from the excellent service we received. The lovely staff were so accommodating in setting up the tablle and space to celebrate. The food was lovely as always. A night to remember. Thank you Julio's!

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Went with my brother to the restaurant and had a lovely time. Fantastic food, with a very nice bruschetta. The service and feel of the restaurant was lovely and the staff were very welcoming.

1  Thank jcadman47
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Came here for a family meal with my parents (who love it)...so I am giving my view and am accepting that some like this place and some don’t.
It’s small (think size of a railway carriage) and eclectic to say the least (who knew you can still get plastic chilli peppers on string), yes the staff are friendly and I accept that new ones need on the job training (I pray that she was new as the direction she was getting seemed to indicate this). Yes it has an atmosphere, I cannot say it was buzzing, more quizzical, as there were plenty of questions over the menu and food served.
The food was on the whole ok, well edible, but it wasn’t great and no where enough for me to climb the stairs again for another tightly packed evening with the threat of a sombrero.
Garlic bread had a ton of raw garlic laying on it, there are limits, and it ruined the taste of everything after that. The pizzas were hugely doughy, making it a chore to eat, rather than a delight, these are not the best pizzas I have had. The salmon in, well we were not sure, a sort of ragu/condensed soup swimming pool, with a side order of veg that must have been reheated more times then the number of items there are on the voluminous menu. We didn’t stay for deserts.
Oughtibridge needs a good restaurant, but this isn’t it, it could be but it needs a changing of the guard, well at least decor, menu, and food standards. I truly hope it happens, drop me a line when it does, I will let my parents know.

3  Thank mgrt09
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Went with parents and sister and as usual got a friendly welcome. A little bit quieter than usual due to halloween (usually packed on a Saturday night) but atmosphere still nice and welcoming.

Between us we had; to start - King Prawn dish, Garlic bread with cheese, Fungi chef and traditional prawn cocktail - all delicious.

Mains - 2 had Chicken pancakes (a firm family favourite from here) , My sister had Pollo Tagliatelle (another favourite and usually my go to her as it's so lovely) and I tried the Fungi and Prosciutto Pizza- was absolutely gorgeous home made and tastes fantastic - I may have got a new favourite!

Dessert - Tiramisu for dad and Chocolate Pancakes with ice cream for me and my sister (and an extra spoon for mum!) Very yummy - lots of chocolate sauce!

All topped off with a bottle of house red made for a lovely night.

We've been coming here for years and never had a bad meal. We'll be back again soon !