All reviewsspa bathlamb cutletssteak and ale piebirthday partyfunction roomcourse mealmain barbar mealsincluded breakfastquality hotelfantastic valueroom was largefollowing morningmember of stafffull english breakfastfantastic hotelnight stay
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Good sized room, 5 foot bed. Better than thought would be, even though classed as standard double. Bathroom also very good size, shower over bath worked well, plenty of hot water. All clean very good décor in room and throughout hotel from what we could see. Decent, full breakfast, plus toast, cereals. Good value at £75 including our breakfasts. Staff friendly, polite, would stay again and recommend. Plenty of room in large, free car park.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

A lovely hotel, very clean, lovely staff, lovely breakfast. Room was spacious and bright, although we had a view of heating pipes running across the back of the hotel. Bathroom lovely but lighting was very dim, maybe needs an over mirror light, i had to do make up in bedroom.
Came back from an event at 12:30pm only to find no hot water at all. The explanation when i called at reception was that either a lot of people had used it recently or 'its turned off at night when people are usually asleep'. Water hot again in the morning but the bathroom was very dark, the plastic shower 'pod' surrounding the bath was unlit and totally unsuitable for anyone over 5ft10, my partner was unable to stand upright in it!

Very nice breakfast, staff really lovely and helpful. Would stay again but not in that room.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2017

Expecting great things but although food as ok the atmosphere was all wrong too loud echoes tho the room very noisy young in experience staff and lots of stuff missing like sauces etc had to keep asking for stuff

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 13 November 2017

On a cold night in Grenoside, I was due to perform a gig with some band friends. Unfortunately, I live a good distance away from the area and needed somewhere to stay to avoid sleeping in a van like last time.

I wasn't in need of much. Only a one night stay in somewhere that has a bed and somewhere I can lay a cable (ie. has a toilet). This hotel popped up and I thought "OK I will stay there."

Firstly, you get proper keys. I like this because they're BETTER. When I received them I was greeted by a kind receptionist who was not forceful in tone; quite the opposite in fact. The room. Although nothing special was spacious, well utilised and COMFY. I slept very well.

The only slight issue I have, which to be fair is out of the hotel's control, was that I was lullabied to sleep by the sound of rangooned youths puking their guts up in the car park. Don't let that put you off though, I am very sensitive to sound and it was a late Saturday night so don't expect that.

You should stay here.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2017

My expectant daughter travelled alone to Sheffield and did not know the area. The hotel was amazing and the staff could not have been more helpful. The room was lovely and clean and the food was great. Thank you for being so wonderful, she/we will definitely come and stay again.

Stayed: July 2017