All reviewsspa bathlamb cutletssteak and ale piebirthday partyfunction roomcourse mealmain barbar mealsincluded breakfastquality hotelfantastic valueroom was largefollowing morningmember of stafffull english breakfastfantastic hotelnight stay
Reviewed 1 May 2017

I have stayed here many times, but brought some colleagues for a business trip, and recommended the Staindrop. They loved it! Great bedrooms, nice staff and really good food. North of the city but no problem getting into city centre in 15 minutes. Bedrooms are really big and spotless, with a comfy bed. Selection and quality of food, at both dinner and breakfast is great, and the staff are very pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Amy561, General Manager at Staindrop Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is very much appreciated.
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we do hope to welcome you again in the near future

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Overpriced VILE dried food! Cheap quality fries (frozen of course) with "pulled pork" that I can only describe as charcoal tasting, insult to food. You need a drink just to make sure it goes down, with how dry it is, but you'd have to pay like £18 for a half full glass of diet coke. Steer clear. I admit the fish someone else had looked decent, but both me and my partners food, was disgusting. I've had better quality from a local takeaway!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Amy561, General Manager at Staindrop Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Good Afternoon
I am sorry to read your disappointment.
As I am sure you can see from our other reviews our food and service is usually of a very high standard and something that we pride ourselves in.
we do always have a manager on duty, I do wish you had spoken to them at the time so we could have put this right.
Should you consider using us again, please contact me personally
Kind Regards
Amy Ryan

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel, at first with stain in name thought was going to be awful, but what a pleasant surprise great welcome, room was huge had every amenity possible, bathroom was absolutely enormous, dinner was tremendous and service was excellent. Highly recommend to anyone.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

We went to the Staindrop with friends for something quick to eat. I have to say that this was one of the best pub meals I have had in a long time. The portions were massive the food was freshly cooked and full of flavour. Best of all it was very reasonably priced. We would definitely go again well done

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

I had previously stayed at another local hotel and was so disappointed as it was so expensive. We moved offices to just round the corner from the Lodge so I thought I'd try here. Well I am glad I did! The room is lovely, clean & spacious. The staff are really friendly. The food! Omg where do I start? I had the swordfish with lobster ravioli, chorizo & spinach. It was absolutely unreal! But I was so torn about what to get because the menu is so good. The prices are also excellent. Portions are HUUGE! Happy days if you were very hungry like me! Can't wait to stay again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business