“More expensive than we expected, sides/extras added up”

The Street Food Chef
Ranked #54 of 1,608 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 13
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We love street food - it's fresh, simple, honest. We particularly love Mexican street food, as it's delicious, healthy and packed with flavour! All our salsa and meat marinades are made with fresh ingredients. Our aim is to use locally sourced ingredients, (Moss Valley Fine Meats) we will keep you updated using our website, twitter, instagram and facebook. Come and find us at our licensed canteeds at 90 Arundel Street and 376 Sharrow Vale Road or at one of the events we are attending this summer, every bite is packed with punch and will keep you coming back for more!
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Liked this place, was quirky and food was good but more expensive than anticipated. More of a fast food place than a proper restaurant but we knew that which was fine. Location bit out of the way, shame there were not more bars etc nearby to go for drinks afterwards.

Abi G, Owner at The Street Food Chef, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for your review Sarah!

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Called in to the place on Arundel Street around 7pm. The place was clean, sat down to look at the menu before ordering our meals. The food was great and tasty. We both had a Mexican plate followed by churros.
By around 7:45 the place was heaving with different types of people

Thanks for taking the time to give us a 5 star review! See you again soon!

Abi

Reviewed 17 August 2018

Firstly, the burritos are delicious and embody a rich mixture of Mexican flavours, sweet, spicy, smoky and a savoury undertone. They do a grande option, which is great for meal if you combine it with tortilla chips.

The staff were of mixed quality. The blond haired lady was excellent, very hospitable and provided an efficient service. However, an older, American lady was quite surly and un-willing. I asked her for some Churros and she replied "I can't do Churros! I've just cleaned the fryer!" This seemed rather silly, as this was at around 13:00 on a weekday, and I would expect a restaurant to clean the equipment before or after opening hours. It's sad that this lady's attitude is spoiling the reputation for the rest of the staff, who are excellent.

Abi G, Owner at The Street Food Chef, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Hi Jordan, thank you for your honest feedback. I'm glad that you enjoy the food, we make everything with fresh ingredients - so I'm glad it all tasted great. I will look into the incident you mention with the staff member, and find out why the fryer was out of action in the middle of the day. I can assure you we work hard to ensure that our teams have everything they need so they can provide a welcoming service - obviously something has not worked in this incidence. Many thanks, Abi

Reviewed 16 August 2018

I've been going to Street Food Chef for a number of years and I honestly can't think of a negative thing to say. The restaurant is spotlessly clean, the staff are always friendly and will always engage in conversation or recommend various dishes to try if you're not sure what you want. The food is fresh and absolutely delicious. Portions are generous and the prices are spot on (There is also a challenge burrito if you dare take it on).

They deliver now too, so me and my colleagues order to the office for a treat now and again. The owner, Abi is also extremely friendly and will answer any questions you have and take on board any suggestions - the staff there seem like a family which only adds to the experience.

If anyone is unsure of what to get, go for the beef brisket burrito, you won't regret it.

Hi, thanks so much for your lovely review (I am touched to get a mention!) - I will make sure that the whole team get to see your fantastic comments. Our aim is to serve the best burritos and give the best customer experience we can, so it is fab to see that this your experience of us! Many thanks. Abi

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Having visited Mexico on various occasions, my son took me here for lunch and 1 word sums this place - WoW. A real slice of Mexico in Yorkshire's back yard. Staff were insightful, helpful courteous and friendly and the pricing is just right. Photos attached show my food but does not the Volcano Lava that is the chilli sauce ( a must try if you dare). A great place with good atmosphere and they have a good challenge of you dare. Visit, it's well worth it

Abi G, Owner at The Street Food Chef, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review! And thanks to your son for bringing you to us! See you again I hope, best wishes, Abi