“Get yourself a Mole today!”

The Street Food Chef
Ranked #51 of 1,618 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 13
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We love street food - it's fresh, simple, honest. We particularly love Mexican street food, as it's delicious, healthy and packed with flavour! All our salsa and meat marinades are made with fresh ingredients. Our aim is to use locally sourced ingredients, (Moss Valley Fine Meats) we will keep you updated using our website, twitter, instagram and facebook. Come and find us at our licensed canteeds at 90 Arundel Street and 376 Sharrow Vale Road or at one of the events we are attending this summer, every bite is packed with punch and will keep you coming back for more!
Reviewed 22 August 2017

I had been meaning to check out this Restaurant as I had seen the Chicken Mole advertised in the window and wanted to try it out as it had been some years since I last tried it in Mexico and recently dropped in to do so.

I ordered it as a Large 'Mexican Plate' with all the various accompaniments and found the dish to be very varied in tastes and textures and with some delightfully Mexican Flavour combinations within the dish and so was very pleased with the food. I will say that it differed somewhat to my previous experience of this particular dish but this is not a criticism as both 'Moles' were Fab!

The service here was also most efficient and the staff very friendly. The restaurant itself is more of a Diner / Cafe experience which makes it feel as if you could pop in for a quick snack as well as a full meal and which is just like most of the places in Mexico I ate at. The place's relaxed, casual feel also complimented this feature.

All in all, a pleasing and authentic dining experience that I'll be trying again.

Abi G, Owner at The Street Food Chef, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thanks for your review Mark, I'm really glad you enjoyed the food. As you say, mole varies across regions (in Mexico, rather than Sheffield!) - we make our own mole sauce, and have developed it not to be too spicy, so our customers can choose the spice level.

So glad you will be back! See you again soon, Abi

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Has two stalls in town and is great for a quick stop off for a bite to eat with a great selection of fillings and sauces

Abi G, Owner at The Street Food Chef, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Thanks for taking the time to give us a review!

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Perfect for lunch, was very impressed. Great food, great prices, great service. This place is faultless! Will definitely recommend!

Abi G, Owner at The Street Food Chef, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thanks for your great review Rhianna, see you again soon I hope!

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Absolutely one of the best places to eat in Sheffield, and what is better is they now deliver! Consistently great food and service

Thanks for your review! See you again soon I hope!

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Street food chef is the ideal place in Sheffield for quick and tasty (and very filling) burrito. Every single time I've been here, I've been the nicest, juiciest burritos in probably under 5 mins (staying in or taking out)
Nice atmosphere when its full and there is a great selection of drinks desserts (if you have room for it)

Thanks for taking the time to give us such a great review, hope to see you again soon!