“great city break hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre
Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I stayed here at the beginning of June for 1 night with my 12 week old son. I had requested in advance a cot which looked very new and was in the room when we arrived and had been made up.
We had a room on the 3rd floor at the end of the corridor giving us 2 big window views of the quays. We were meeting up with friends so only used the hotel as a base for the night. The room looked huge, very modern and everything was spotless. There was plenty of space in the room for the pram not to be in the way.
The towels were lovely and fluffy and the bed was massive for one!
The tv had a lot more channels than I have ever seen on a hotel tv in the UK.
Breakfast was good, a lot of different items and freshly cooked/heated. The scrambled egg wasn't the best though, neither cooked nor runny, might have benefited from a minute or two longer!
Check in and check out was very efficient, the staff we met were very friendly.
The worst thing about the hotel is the car parking. There were no available spaces when we turned up and I couldn't believe that all the disabled bays were full. Fortunately after driving round twice someone came and moved their car so I jumped into their vacated space as quick as a flash! I doubt we'd have got a space otherwise and it would have been very challenging to get to the hotel with baby in the pram had I had to park elsewhere. All said and done, having paid £29 for the room by booking in advance and the £5 car parking fee we had a great room at a great price.Highly recommended for a city break and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Myself and some friends stayed at this hotel on the 15th and 16th of June 2012. As I come from Sheffield I visit on a regular occasion and have stayed in many hotels in the area but this was my first time at the express.

I have to say it is a fantastic place to stay. A 5 minute walk to the centre of town, a couple of quid if you wish to get a taxi instead! Check in was very swift and easy, the rooms were of a fantastic quality and the beds were very comfy indeed!

The best bit about the rooms for me was the bathroom - a very large shower (so big you could sit down in it if you were so inclined!) and a very modern finish.

Breakfast is included in the price and I also thought this was ok - if people were to complain about the breakfast then I would suggest they think again as for what you get I think it is perfectly fine. And once again, it's free! There is cereal, toast, sausage, egg, beans, tea, coffee etc.

All in all a lovely hotel and one of the best in Sheffield - Of course it's not 5 star but it is very clean, very modern and I think gives many 4 star establishments a run for their money!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Stayed here with my daughter last week after seeing Westlife at the arena. Very pleased with the cleanliness, staff and the size of our rooms. As others have said, the showers are rather good. Breakfast not the greatest, but enough to get you going. Will stay again

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Very comfortable night spent on a business trip. Good sized room, excellent shower, good all round breakfast included. Decor, fixtures and fittings very clean and well maintained. Location 10 mins walk from train station. I used the HI "did you forget something" service for toothpaste and shaving cream which I had left at home.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Would like to commend Duty Manager Gemma Travis, working Tuesday afternoon, 12th June. Polite, considerate, efficient and very capable. Excellent at customer relations. Thank you.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business