“Russell Scott Hostel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Russell Scott Hostel
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Russell Scott Hostel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

This hostel is ideally situated 10 min from the city centre and 15 min from the train station by tram at Infirmary Road.

The hostel is good value at £25 with the option to have your own room, cook your meals and a communal freeview TV in the lounge.

It is also ideal for those looking for a city break where for a night or more. It is also those wanting to dictate there own time of when to eat and sleep which is an attractive alternative to a cheap bed and breakfast in my view.

In addition there is a medium sized Tescos, bars nearby and plenty of communal bathrooms so you can shower without waiting for someone to finish.

I would recommend this venue for anyone whether single, with friends or a couple seeking a low budget comfortable hostel within easy reach of Sheffield

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chorley, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

I would not recommend this place to anyone - you'd have to be really desperate!
Not clean. NOT friendly staff - in fact most unhelpful - walls like cardboard so you can hear every thing your fellow inmates are doing especially the toilet which I tried not to use much for obvious reasons. Didn't feel secure and I pushed table up against door so I felt I could drop off.
Telly didn't work and further more they could not even find my booking which I made 4 days before. In my opinion I'd rather camp in a tent or pay more money and stay in a better place.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jill j

Travellers are raving about these Sheffield hotels

Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

I needed a very cheap place to crash in Sheffield, so this hostel seemed to be the best choice.

Friends of mine had stayed there before and warned me about the quality of the beds, but being used to crashing on friends' sofas I thought, "how bad can it be?" Unfortunately, it was that bad. I slept maybe two - three hours that night as I felt every single spring of the mattrass, which was well beyond its prime.

I was in a girls' 4 bed dorm, and the other girl staying there slept through the night, so maybe it was just my bed.

The hostel wasn't easy to find and if you don't drive, you'll need o splash out for a cab (which will probably cost more than the room itself). I don't know where the nearest bus stops are, I didn't see any, but the hostel is up a hill and the street is very steep.

I checked out a night early, but still paid for both nights.

My paypal payment didn't go through (I kept getting error messages, using the hotel's own computer to settle my bill) so that lead to further complications.

On the plus side:
- it is REALLY cheap
- breakfast is included (help-yourself-to-cereal-or-toast style)
- the guy at reception was friendly and ever offered to help me carry my suitcase upstairs
- there was not much going on there that night so even in a dorm it was almost like having the room to myself
- it seems to be quite easy-going there, so I guess any concern could have been addressed if I would have been bothered.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

It is not a five star hotel it is a backpackers hostel saying so my stay was very comfortable generous breakfast through out the day tea coffee as well. It was clean quite met some good people and for the money you pay it is well worth the stay. Will visit again. Staff excellent.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends