All reviewsleafy areaold victorianlate checkpeak districtsingle roomquiet locationa lovely stayroom was spaciousother gueststea and coffeeplace to stayone night stayon arrivalsalbnbfireplacesnooker
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely guest house, friendly welcome. Good location, walking distance to bars, cafes and shops. Good base for discovering the Peak District as we did. We had a warm welcome, the room was spacious, everything included for a great night's sleep. Breakfast good. Nice place and nice people. Definitely would return

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
SalDaji, Owner at The Briary, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Caroline, thank you for your kind words. I am so pleased you both had a very comfortable stay, enjoyed our hospitality and breakfast. Looking forward to welcoming you both back on your next visit to Sheffield.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Pleasant, clean room and excellent breakfast. Enjoyed talking to Sal every morning! I have mobility problems and Sal made every effort to make the shower safe and accessible for me.
Would thoroughly recommend and would return there.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
SalDaji, Owner at The Briary, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Hello Kay, it was our pleasure hosting your mother for a week at The Briary and I very much enjoyed our daily chat during breakfast. I am pleased to hear your mother was comfortable and felt safe, and enjoyed her breakfast. I am glad the portable rails and Tye stool made showering so much easier for her. Very much look forward to hosting her again on her next visit to Sheffield.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

After being completely let down by Expedia, with whom we booked our room through, up stepped Sal and his good lady.
They offered us all the help required to find us a room.
They themselves finally sourced us a room.
Their genuine desire to help was amazing.
They even offered us breakfast at their place for the following morning.
Lovely to know that there are people out there willing to go that bit extra just because they can.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
SalDaji, Owner at The Briary, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Hi Rob, thank you for your kind words. I was just pleased that we were in a position to help after you were let down so badly by Expedia as Sheffield was completely sold out of rooms and I couldn’t see someone who works for the emergency services and puts their neck on the line everyday go without. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay and breakfast, and will be very happy to host you and yours in the future.
Sal

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

My 5 friends and I all had a lovely stay in one the apartments belonging to The Briary when going to Bassfest in Sheffield.

Initially, five of us were to stay in two B&B rooms but Sal very kindly offered to move us to one of their apartments at no extra cost, still including breakfast, due to a cancellation. This couldn’t have been more perfect! The only (small) extra cost we incurred was due to one more person joining us, which we were able to do despite our short notice.

The apartment’s three spacious bedrooms were clean and comfy, with full length mirrors (perfect for pre-festival selfies!) and large windows. The living room was the perfect size to fit all six of us, and the kitchen and bathroom were very clean. To anyone who is a clean freak like me, you won’t be disappointed by the shower! The WiFi worked perfectly.

Sal was very pleasant and easy going yet professional. He came over at a moment’s notice at around midnight when we had a problem with one of our keys.

I would highly recommend staying here.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
SalDaji, Owner at The Briary, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Hello Elizabeth, thank you for your kind words. I am so pleased you and all your friends loved the free upgrade and enjoyed your time in Sheffield at The Bassfedt. I’m glad you found everything clean and tidy and comfortable. Hoping to host you and your friends in the future you were all model guests and also very clean and tidy. Your were all a credit to the youth of today.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

The house is in a lovely and quiet location. The room was a great size and very quiet. The bed was really comfortable so had a good nights sleep! Breakfast choice was good and very nice and the owner was really friendly, taking time to have a chat over breakfast! I’ll certainly look at staying here again if back in the area!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
SalDaji, Owner at The Briary, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Thank you for your review I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, had a great nights sleep and had a lovely breakfast in the morning. It was lovely talking to you over breakfast as well. We would welcome hosting you once again should you be back in Sheffield.