All reviewsschool reunionoff road parkingexcellent value for moneyfull english breakfastquiet at nightstayed herevisit sheffieldgreat place to staytea and coffeeexcellent locationcity centredeborahhillsboroughguesthousehairdryermicrowavetv
Reviewed 4 June 2017

My wife and I stayed here for her 40th school reunion. I can't think of any thing that wasn't excellent. I would highly recommend a stay.
The owner Debbie was lovely and nothing was to much trouble for her. We will definitely use Coniston Guest House again when we visit Sheffield.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Superb little guesthouse.
In a quiet area of Hillsborough ideal for contractors and holidayers too.
Very reasonable prices.
Would recommend this to anyone!
Plenty of parking which is free too
Didn't try breakfast but It smelt lovely!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

My family (2 kids & 2 adults) stayed at this guest house last February 2017 for Karate competition.This is our 2nd visit to Sheffield & our 2nd time staying at this guest house.The owner called Debbie is so friendly,approachable & welcoming.She knows how to look after her guests.She is aware that we are there for the competition & was willing to wake up early to prepare our breakfast.
Our bedroom was huge & very clean.There are clean towels,free toiletries,hair dryer,TV,kettle & coffee with milk.The toilet is clean.There is continental breakfast but she can also do full English breakfast if you request for an extra charge.This guest house is only 8-10minutes drive going to Ponds Forge arena where we do the competition.It is quiet at night so we always have a good sleep which is exactly what we need after an exhausting competition day.The parking is on the road but we never have problem every time we go there.Sainsbury's is just 10 minutes away if you fancy getting crisp or snacks.Within the area there are also some nice pubs and restaurants.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Coniston Guest House until I could move into my student accommodation. Not only was I treated incredibly well by Deborah but my bedroom was large, incredibly clean and came with a wonderful view from my window. I would highly recommend students needing a place to stay before moving into student accommodation come here. It is cheap and comes with a delicious, filling breakfast. Furthermore, the university of sheffield is only a 20 minute tram ride away.

Thank you so much!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 October 2016

I’ve stayed at Coniston House, located in Hillsborough, two times and it’s a good B&B. My room was large and en-suite. There were toiletries, good quality towels and tea / coffee: not something you can expect in all B&Bs nowadays. I would have preferred a flat screen TV, rather than the old cathode ray TV stuck up on a wall, too far from the bed. Continental breakfast was included in the £28 a night price and was fine.

If you arrive at Sheffield train station, you can catch the Supertram from the station to Malin Bridge and, depending on which stop you get out at, it’s a five minute (uphill!) walk to the house. There are buses to Hillsborough as well but check the route - some go the long route, others directly: the 57 bus follows the tram route and gets there quickly.

You can use the tram and buses to get back into the city centre if you want more choice of food and entertainment in the evening. Locally, it’s fish and chips and pizza and a couple of restaurants / pubs, and nothing much to do for entertainment. So, it tends to be an earlier night than I would have liked. I could have stayed in the city centre but it would have been at least twice the price of Coniston House.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends