“Good enough but the lentil dahl soup was overpriced in my view”
Review of Pom Kitchen

Pom Kitchen
Ranked #253 of 1,596 Restaurants in Sheffield
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My wife and I visited "Pom" at lunchtime today. It's a small place and the tables are squeezed in. There was some annoying music playing on the sound system with the bass turned up high. The waiting staff were pleasant and welcoming. Accidentally, they made us feel that our custom was appreciated.

I ordered the hot "dish of the day" which happened to be a kind of lentil dahl soup with two small chunks of bread. It was okay - unexceptional really and at £7, I felt it was overpriced. My wife's salad bowl at £6.50 represented much better value - colourful, substantial and delicious with artisan bread on the side.

My judgement is "Average" as "Very Good" would have been too much. I would have liked to pick a simply "Good" verdict but that is not an option that Trip Advisor offers.

3  Thank Neil_in_Sheffield_UK

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Popped in for lunch on the off chance of a table. It was very busy, in fact I’ve never seen this place empty unless it’s closed.
We ordered two lemonades and two Jaffles (Australian take on a toasted sandwich) with slaw on the side. The food was delicious and well presented, we knew there would be a wait as not only was it busy, but it did say on the menu that everything is made to order and therefore it wouldl take time which is fair enough.
One negative point...the staff in the kitchen are on view (not a problem) it may therefore be prudent not to be eating in there whilst preparing customers food.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The staff were warm and everything looked lovely, and I enjoyed the goats cheese toast (plus chili jam and asparagus) and kale salad. Full at lunchtime with mostly female clientele. This is not my usual kind of place, as an older meat eating bloke, but it was great, and I will come again.

1  Thank lode5tone
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Came here with friends and had the Jaffle/Australian toasted sandwich with cheese (vegan options available), cabbage, tofu and sriracha mayo and it was absolute delicious. The side salad with it today was also yummy, I went for the blood orange with rice salad.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We love Pom Kitchen. The food is very tasty. It may be pricey, but what do you expect for tasty food. The Oat milk Latte is super tasty as well. We only have one problem... It's not closer to where we live!! That said if it was we would be skint. ;-p