“Comfortable rooms with a view”

Jurys Inn Sheffield
Ranked #12 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Stockton on Tees
“Comfortable rooms with a view”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Very comfortable room with all the facilities you would expect. From my ninth floor room I had great views of the city.
There was plenty of choice at breakfast but some of the cooked items looked like they had been out for a while, getting a bit dried up – my stay was during the week and perhaps breakfast is better at a weekend when there is a greater turnover of guests.
Overall however I would rate this as a very comfortable stay and I’d certainly be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to enjoy the views
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We were visiting our daughter studying at University of Sheffield. Location was a bit far from her accomodation.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel for four nights, having booked online and indicating that I would be accompanied by a small child. I was told that I had a family room, and was looking forward to a reasonable sized room to share.

When I arrived, the reception staff told me that I was booked into a double room, and they appeared to be expecting two adults and no child. This was somewhat irritating, particularly since I had already spent some time driving round and round trying to find somewhere to park. I never did find the carpark which is, supposedly, recommended by the hotel.

After some time, someone came to the room and made up the sofa bed which, supposedly, turns this room into a family room but, frankly, it is not big enough to be called that, as, once the sofabed is made up, there is hardly any floor space left, and I was not impressed. Also, they only put one blanket on the sofabed, which was not enough, so I ended up putting my coat over the child to keep her warm!

The room was reasonably priced, but was not as good value as I was expecting, because it was not big enough, and because of the inconvenience and extra cost of parking, and the extra cost of breakfast.

The breakfast was extra, but was not a bad price, and the four year old loved being able to go back and get different things each time, because it is a buffet. There was no extra charge for her breakfast, which is part of what made it a good deal.

We ate supper in the bar, but the food was not good quality, and was overpriced. They do have a child's menu, but I had to ask for it, even though it was obvious that i would be interested in it, as I had a small child with me! I ordered the child's portion of "bangers and mash", but it came without the peas and, when I asked about this, I was told that they had run out, but they would give us extra icecream, which is part of the kids meal ! I was horrified at this, and asked them to bring some vegetables, which eventually came, but not before we had eaten most of our dinner.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Penrith, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Jurys Inn is in a good central location just minutes from the Winter Gardens and the Crucible. It was clean and comfortable but its big drawback is the lack of parking - you need to use one of the private ones nearby but even worse is there is nowhere to unload except a bus stop so you need to carry your luggage quite a distance. Breakfast is pricey though children eat free. Check in was slow as they had made a mistake with my booking so 1 of the 3 rooms I'd booked was n't ready.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Hornsea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Jurys Inn Sheffield - ideally located for city centre shopping, dining and general revelry.

The hotel is a very attractive ,well appointed in both public and private rooms - very clean and tidy - the bed was probably one of the most comfortable I have slept in for a while! I was in the land of nod as soon as my head hit the pillow and I hadn't even had a sniff of the sherry bottle. Some road noise may disturb light sleepers but the hotel is situated on a busy junction of a vibrant city so it is to be expected - any seasoned traveller worth his or her salt will be armed with a pair of trusty ear plugs in any case!

I did not sample the food as we ate out - but the restaurant/bar appeared to be very well patronised and all food and drinks very reasonably priced.

I would definitely stay again - I really enjoyed the experience and wouldnt hesitate to recommend it.

Room Tip: I stayed in 433 - corner room with lots of light and views across the city
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo