“Grabbing a late lunch”
Review of Cafe Metro

Cafe Metro
Ranked #210 of 675 Restaurants in Reading
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I always seem to pop in if we go for a walk or fancy a milkshake, which are just the best in our opinion. They do a great selection of food, ranging from a breakfast, sandwiches, burgers soup, salads, panini and large amount of mains to have, and not forgetting all the tea and coffees also the large selection of drinks. They also have ‘Asian Street food’ which is served after 4:30pm that sounds amazing. Highly recommend

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I pop in here often at the weekend for breakfast and sometimes lunch.

The owners are nice, it's clean and the prices are okay and it has 4 out of 5 for the Scores on the Door ratings.

Quite a large menu and is open some evenings and it also sells alcohol.

There is parking out the front and down the side road, so no problems there.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Omg.wasnt expecting a beautiful whole piece of salmon fillet.tasty coffee the full english looked pretty tasty..but im loving the salad.the staff pleasant.and friendly.nice experience

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I know we are all supposed to eat healthily, but every so often you just need a full English breakfast. Never an easy plate to pull off, but the metro cafe does a truly wonderful job of providing the full English, with a great cup of coffee. With parking close by, it's not a complicated place, but judge it on the food and the price and you will leave happy. A great community cafe, with students and locals enjoying all that it offer.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

We went there for dinner menus (only available for evenings) full of far eastern taste. I happened to spot this by passing a while back but we had ZERO expectations as the place looked like a regular cafe in student area, plus I know good oriental food by working for years near New Malden (the biggest Korean town outside of Korea), and by growing up near China town in another country.

Oh gawd, how wrong was I, their food is simply AMAZING!!

We ordered "butter prawns" £5.95 thinking it is one of those frozen pre-made tempura prawns with some sauce, but what was brought out was this giant shrimp dished with explosions of flavours! The ingredients are fresh and first class, and their generous use of spices were unreal for the price! I would expect to pay more than double in London while probably not tasting so nice.

We then went on to mains (nasi goreng £8.50 and pad thai £9.25), again, these were packed with fresh herbs and spices, with loads of veg and meat/shrimps. The whole portions were generous and both dish tasted great. Very authentic cooking, DEFINITELY not a mock-off Asian food. And what a price! It's just unbelievable value.

Their menu contained various interesting choices, from Kimchi-Chige to Teriyaki ramp steak, and I wish I could just try them all. When we left we were discussing what to try on our next visit!

If you like Koren/Chinese/Thai food, you must, must try this place. Don't dismiss it like I did, and you will NOT regret it. What a gem!