“A real gem”

Ranked #3 of 33 Coffee & Tea in Reading
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I moved to Reading last year and having heard reviews of this place, I decided to go. I can't help myself now at least once a week popping in and getting a salad box, on the rare occassion a scrumptious cake and a delicious latte. Fresh, delicious and very generous portion sizes. I have eaten inside the cafe as well as taking away my food, and the service has always been lovely and friendly. One of m favourite places in Reading :) Fantastic vegan and vegetarian options.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Been with my friends a few times , nice food , nice deserts . The staff is very helpful and nice . It's my fav place fost quick lunch . Def worth to visit

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Tend to just drop in for a coffee. Service and coffee good to very good. Service friendly. Good array of snacks and pastries though have not tried any.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I often visit Picnic when we are in town. The staff are so welcoming and I cannot fault their customer service. Prices are extremely reasonable, the coffee is excellent too, they offer discounts to those to bring a reusable cup rather than paper cups if you’re having takeaway which is an excellent initiative. Today we had sausages rolls and a slice of Cinnabon, the Cinnabon was THE BEST cake I’ve probably ever had!! I cannot recommend this cafe highly enough!!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I wondered why I am always drawn back to this little cafe. Is it the bijou and cosy setting of the place? Or the friendliness of the owner and his team who talk to you through their offerings? Maybe it’s the knowledge that they locally source their ingredients and support small independent artisan drink makers? Forgot the artwork on the wall? I think it’s all of the above and I think for many customers as well, they come back for the same reasons. The place is always packed and this adds to the vibe. My favourite in summer is the salmon and avocado sandwich on sourdough bread. They do brilliant salads and sandwiches as well.

Today I saw a group of women knitting and on another table a group of friends catching up. There was a guy tucked in one corner busy on his laptop. Someone looking for an empty table but unfortunately it was full, that’s the only drawback but I think if it was bigger then it would lose its identity and feel. There are outdoor tables available and ideal on a sunny day especially in summer. To conclude this is a five star cafe passionately managed by the owner and his team.