2,075 results
All reviews the underground car park housing estate deluxe room sauna and steam room lovely hotel green park breakfast was excellent buffet style enjoyable stay reading town centre stayed for one night bar area saturday night raja gym legoland motorway
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I stayed here for two days over Reading Festival (£7/10 min cab ride)

Clean, comfortable and good location. I feel sorry for non Reading Festival visitors as it really is taken over!

Breakfast is pretty good.

Room tip: Dont stay over Reading Festival Weekend in August unless you are going!
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Helen_Dashper, Director of Operations at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Hilton Reading on Tripadvisor. Your comments about the Hotel and the team are appreciated. Our commitment at the Hilton Reading is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who stays with us, and it is helpful when our guests pass their opinions and experiences to us, allowing us to refine our procedures and services where necessary.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to experience the Reading Festival Weekend. The festival is heavily advertised and has grown in popularity over the years to become one of the best festivals in the UK currently and it brings guests from all over the world and country to see stay in the area. Given the volume of guests arriving for the festival, all hotels in the Reading area and for miles around are full of festival goers during the event, which gives a great boost to local tourism and the town itself.

We thank you for choosing the Hilton Reading, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance to you, do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

Stayed at this Hotel last weekend and it was brilliant. The reception was welcoming and clean and the staff were smiling and bright. Everything was ready for our bus party. The room was exceptionally clean and one of my tests for cleanliness is whether you could walk bare foot. Well, you could! The bathroom was spotless and the bed and pillows were brilliant. The food, especially the breakfast, was excellent. The staff were exceptionally helpful and polite, nothing was too much trouble. I have nothing but praise for this hotel; only wish all hotels were the same.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2012

If you are going to Reading to watch a football match then this hotel is a great place to stay as it is within walking distance of the Madejski stadium. Reading supporters are offered discount in the hotel bar on match days so this can get quite busy. Other than the football stadium there isn't much in close proximity and a taxi into Reading centre costs about £8 each way. The hotel can be hard to find as it is on the edge of a housing estate with lots of one way streets and dead ends. Breakfast is the usual Hilton hot and cold buffet offering - overall it was nice but the bacon would have been better if it had been crispier! We had an evening meal in the restaurant and one meal was lovely, but we returned the other as it wasn't nice. We have stayed here twice recently, and on our second visit received an incorrect bill so I would check this carefully before signing/paying. Overall: a smart hotel with nice modern rooms, decent car parking, and not bad value for money - but if you want to be in the town centre then I'd stay in the premier inn instead.......

Date of stay: October 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

The Hilton Reading is conveniently located on the Kennet Island development, off the A33,
5 minutes by taxi to the centre of Reading and minutes from both the Madejski Stadium, Green Park Business Park and close to the M4, making it ideally located for all your needs in the Berkshire area.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Stayed at this hotel while on a course in reading. It's a clean and comfortable hotel, what you would expect from a Hilton hotel. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in reading for a night or two.

Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank AtticusFinch14
Helen_Dashper, Director of Operations at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us

Reviewed 12 October 2012

The quality of service here is excellent. The staff, at all levels, could not have been more helpful and pleasant. The building is also very good and well cared for; this includes bedroom as well as the common areas.

The meeting rooms are fine, although perhaps our organisers had misjudged the numbers at times.

Food was good except for the conference dinner ( not sure whether that was down to the hotel or the conference organiser?). Refreshments between meetings was very good.

One negative (which I think is common to all hotels?) is that there is no hearing loop in any meeting or conference room. It seems strange that most churches are better at this than hotels.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly for business use.