2,047 results
All reviewsthe underground car parkhousing estatedeluxe roomsauna and steam roomlovely hotelbreakfast was excellentgreen parkleisure facilitiesbuffet styleenjoyable stayreading town centrestayed for one nightbar areasaturday nightrajaspafilm
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This is a really comfortable place to stay and the whole hotel is immaculate. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable and were a credit to the place. The bar, restaurant and pool are just what you'd hope for and the free underground parking is a plus too. A cab to Reading cost us £8 so not bad for going out either. The only niggle was the breakfast which looked like a plague of locusts had got there first or perhaps all the other reviewers here (9.30 Sunday morning, service ended 11.00). There was nothing left, our group were there for nearly an hour and it never got better. No eggs, no sausage, no mushrooms, no muffins, no pastries, lots of waiting in hope. If you wanted a quorn thing with grilled tomato you were ok. It was a poor effort but I hope they'd recognise that and I'd definitely go back there.

Room Tip: Any. Better view from the 3rd floor though all much the same
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Kevin_Byrnes, Director of Operations at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Hilton Reading on Tripadvisor. Your remarks about the Hotel and the staff are appreciated. Our commitment at the Hilton Reading is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who stays with us, and it is helpful when our guests pass their opinions and experiences to us, allowing us to refine our procedures and services where necessary.

I am disappointed to read that your breakfast experience was not as you would have liked, or expected. I have raised this matter with our food and beverage manager and executive head chef to address and take action where necessary.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the rest of your experience with us.

We thank you for choosing the Hilton Reading, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance to you, do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Good position.
Nice rooms.
Food extremely expensive, breakfast £18.00.
WiFi chargeable at £15.00 per 24 hours.
If you have a large car then car park entry and exit tight.
Very clean.
Good service.
Nothing close by except Reading Football Stadium and business park with PC World, Comet, B&Q etc, McDonalds, Pitza Hut and Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Would stay again.

Room Tip: A/C was noisey
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 September 2012

This is a better-than-average Hilton with reasonably sized rooms with floor to ceiling windows, friendly and efficient service, and a good breakfast. The only downside is the location. There is very little within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

The Hilton Reading is conveniently located on the Kennet Island development, off the A33, 5 minutes by taxi to the centre of Reading and minutes from both the Madejski Stadium, Green Park Business Park and close to the M4, making it ideally located for all your needs in the Berkshire area.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

My family and I stayed on the Great Getaway deal. Very good value. Two adjoining rooms with good facilities and very clean. The staff were helpful and friendly and the breakfast was excellent. I would happily return there.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jane M

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed here for one night last year as we had booked to do a bungee jump nearby! We checked in in the afternoon and our room was ready for us already. We were very pleasantly surprised with the room, it was clean, comfortable and spacious. The staff were all lovely, and helped us with directions for the bungee jump the next day. We didn't fancy a lot of breakfast as we were jumping in the morning, but there was plenty of hot food and it all looked delicious. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you found the breakfast to be so inviting.