“Amazing steak!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2016

we called in for dinner on Friday night and for once struggled to find something to choose as so many dishes appealed!
I had the special asparagus starter and a sirloin steak covered in rocket and Parmesan - absolutely the best steak I've had in ages!
My husband had clam spaghetti and venison which he raved about and he's not a spaghetti fan usually!
The service was great and the atmosphere cosy and relaxed ... So good we returned on Saturday despite looking in all the restaurants ... We wanted to tick some more off our list and were not disappointed!
Enjoy!!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for La Galleria

Reviewed 26 April 2016

We stayed in Woodstock for 4 nights, as we were in a B & B, we had to eat out each evening. This was our first nights choice, and also our 4th night. It is a very good Italian restaurant, with a broad selection of dishes, some good "Specials", friendly staff, and some good wine. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

I had never visited this particular restaurant despite having eaten in many other places in Woodstock over the years. I decided to book a table for lunch with my sister and elderly mum for her 87th birthday. From the moment we arrived staff were attentive and polite but not intrusive. Service was extremely good and the food excellent. When they discovered it was Mum's birthday her pudding even arrived complete with a candle which made her day! Tucked away in the heart of Woodstock this was a great find and we will return for sure.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

Stayed in Woodstock for a couple of days and dined at La Galleria on the recommendation of the hotel we were staying at. Small but comfortable restaurant that seemed relatively popular for a Sunday night. Seated next to a flight of stairs which seemed pretty busy both up and down but not a major distraction. Had lamb cutlets with a selection of vegetables, which included fried couchettes which was well presented although slightly surprised we were left to serve them to ourselves when I would have expected a restaurant of this quality to offered to do so. My wife enjoyed her beef medallions. We both had the zabaglione for dessert which although quite nice didn't life up to expectations, perhaps because it had been a number of years since I last found a restaurant that served it and on that occasion it was prepared by the server at the table and, unlike the one at La Galleria was served cold. We had a glass of wine each and coffee which with gratuity came to £90 so not cheap but equally not unreasonable.

Reviewed 14 April 2016

I enjoyed lunch here with my cousin last week. Rather more ladylike than I imagined, but suited the occasion. We both chose from the set lunch menu, which was reasonably priced. As we were both driving, we did not sample the wine menu (unfortunately)