Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM

from US$ 19.58
from US$ 32.70
from US$ 20.20
More Info
All reviews cake shop pies indoor market interesting shops ben's cookies leather goods fruit and veg shoe shops nice market stalls selling cobbler cake decorating venison high street food stalls hidden away rainy day
Reviewed 2 days ago

Well worth a visit if in Oxford, a great selection of shops, both food and non-food. Not as cheap and tacky looking as many places can be, but all together a very pleasant wander round.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

We read the reviews online of places to visit in oxford so we gave it a try . It’s a nice place to have coffee, breakfast or lunch. They have a few coffee places .”, Thai , giros, flower shop but our favourite was the Korean . Give it a try

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I went to this little cafe with my girlfriend one busy Saturday afternoon in Nov and I was starving hungry. ... perhaps I was hangry... I certainly was kinda angry when I left.
I had a full English breakfast and she had guacamole on sourdough.
I should’ve listened to my intuition in the queue where I waited for way too long as an inept guy wrestled with the complexity of taking orders, taking money and telling the kitchen what customers wanted.
My worries were heightened when he forgot to give me a number for the table.
That wasn’t the last thing which was forgotten.
First we waited... not too long... and along came the food . Sadly no cutlery. It came later. But no napkins.
We asked for some salad dressing as my girlfriend’s salad was bare. As I went up to the counter to retrieve 2 napkins I reminded them about our two cups of tea. They looked a little shocked but These came later; with milk! :-) but no sugar or spoons :-(
As i scoured the restaurant for a spoon I was reminded on the menu board that my English breakfast came with some locally produced sausage. So I asked for some.
It came later. In fact they have me two which was nice. These were delicious as was the free range egg. I mentioned this to my girlfriend as she stirred her tea with her fork.
As we made to leave a gentleman on the table to our left asked his partner to leave as he hadn’t ordered... “ there were four people behind the till and none of them doing anything and I can’t stand it” ... he had listened to his intuition and I so wish I had...
the food was just ok but this place has no system for customer service and a Fawlty Towers’esque feel about it..
Peter

Reviewed 1 week ago

Today's real autumn here, the air a little bit colder than yesterday. A walk along the Closed Food Market warms the body and spirit. Lots different shops selling many kind of foods and other goods. In autumn you can find and many sort of pampkins.Thanks to the beguiling that autumn brings with itself. Prosperity because we believe in fulfillment beyond food.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The Covered Market used to be one of the top attractions in Oxford - bursting with quirly independent shops such as butchers, fishmongers and delis that offered a different shopping experience. Alas no more - especially in the last year many of the interesting shops have closed and the special atmosphere is all but lost.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Lots different stalls inside selling a variety of goods from food , cafes jewellery and chocolate.
Good way to spend an Hr.
Can get v busy

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is an interesting place to visit with lots of individual cabins run by local traders. Brown’s cafe is good for lunch

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Smack bang in the middle of the city is the covered market,be careful tho you might miss it because there no one entrance but maybe 4 or 5 once inside it’s like a rabbit Warren of quirky shops cafes and veggie stalls ,the whole place is unique and takes you back to how it used to be proper old fashioned shopping.. a forerunner of the big modern shopping centres if you like.make a point of visiting this great market when in oxford.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A friend led us to this wonderful market with many local shops featuring fresh foods, arts and crafts, and gift items. We stopped for some small batch ice cream and enjoyed the sights, sounds, and smells of this covered market.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Covered Market at Oxford provides a purely unique experience with many small and local shops offering handmade, locally-made goods. There are also a number of authentic British places to eat and a plethora of shops to buy gifts. They also have a grocers offering a wide range of locally grown produce.