“Fine”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 October 2018

I had an entirely reasonable dinner. It was nothing special, but the menu had a lot of options. The Saag Daal as a side was sufficiently amazing that I'd happily return to see if I'd merely made a poor choice of main.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Having read the reviews I was looking forward to eating some great flavours and Spice Lounge didn't let me down. The garlic tomato instead of lime pickle was amazing and our sheek kebabs, tikka Masala and garlic Tawa (A dish I have never tried before) was lovely. I agree with some of the other reviews, if you like large dishes of food, the portions are small, but probably for the first time in an indian we finished all our food. We were completely full so just right for us. It is also a little in the expensive side but them most things are in Oxford. I would go back if I was in the area, the staff were friendly and very attentive. Thank you for a lovely evening.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Was driving back to Heathrow and had time for dinner. Hunted this place down based on reviews and was not disappointed. Staff was very helpful and the food was delicious. Told our waiter what we liked and they customized meals for us .... DELICIOUS!

Reviewed 19 September 2018

My friends had raved about this curry house in Oxford and so I was looking forward to it.

The staff know a lot about their food and are clearly passionate about it. We were a big group, and they took time to talk through various options and preferences on the menus for each of our needs. Moreover, they have acknowledged vegan dishes on their menu and are happy to discuss it- big win for me! The staff are also personable and friendly.

Indeed, the food was DELICIOUS! Flavoursome, not too heavy, and well presented. I would say good value for money, average Oxford prices.

However, we were waiting a long time between ordering starters and mains, that would be my only criticism.

Thank you very much for an enjoyable meal, the food is excellent!

Reviewed 18 September 2018

This restaurant is highly reviewed and I was looking forward to it but I can only conclude that the residents of Summertown don't get out much.

It was OK, nothing more. Largely standard Indian fare but nothing wrong with the food other than smallish portions, slightly shabby restaurant (hole in the carpet as you go in), service was fine, but no atmosphere.