“Excellent food and service”
Review of Spice Lounge

Spice Lounge
Ranked #14 of 716 Restaurants in Oxford
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2017

I dined alone early on a Friday night and was warmly welcomed into Spice Cafe, and given my choice of table. The atmosphere is relaxed and simple, and my vegetarian meal was excellent--samosas, and saag aloo. The garlic naan was fantastic. All in all, a very pleasant evening.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

I had the "leave it to us" non vegetarian option which comes with a mixed of starters a main and a side dish selected for me and it was really nice and plenty. This is very good Indian food made with quality ingredients tastefully prepared. A bit down on the service though: doing their job but not really smiling. Pleasant room. Recommended.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

A great find - really helpful staff, nice ambience, and lovely food. Thoroughly recommended if you are in the area

1  Thank JonandJulieTrott
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Turned up Saturday evening without a reservation, place very busy, asked to wait a while, then they set up a table up front by the bar away from main seating area, we had no problem with that it just showed us how accommodating they were. We were very happy with the food, quality and taste wise, but there were a couple of but's. The portion's are not large compared with the prices, and for some reason for an Indian restaurant they do not have special rice on the menu.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Wouldn't usually bother but if anyone reads this go get yourself a Chinese. Had a great day with the kids,happy as, had a little acca come in mid week so thought we'd treat ourselves to an Indian.Set meal for two,few beers,laughs and a decent chance of getting laid I thought. Only thing I cuddled tonight was me downstairs toilet. Service = Awful , Food = Awful . Avoid at all costs

1  Thank Jon H