“Best place to eat in Oxford”
Review of La Cucina

La Cucina
Ranked #28 of 691 Restaurants in Oxford
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 31
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

I love this place! Food is just amazing, staff is friendly and as the owners are working there as well, it has a nice family atmosphere. Their tiramisu is the best!!!

Reviewed 5 May 2017

The first thing that is missing as you enter the restaurant is the smell of olive oil and garlic.
First the good. The wine list was short and reasonably priced we had a nice Chianti.

The waiter gave us the special including a sausage dish. I asked whether the sausage was hot or sweet. The waiter did not know but offered that it was very nice.

I asked for eggplant with sausage on the side, the waiter had to ask the chef if that was OK. It was. 5 minutes later the waiter was back noting that the Chef had misunderstood and that I could not have sausage with my eggplant. Bizarre but I'll just have eggplant.

MY wife's tomato sauce was flavored mostly by Bay Leaf and my eggplant parmigiana was so over cooked that the bottom layer was completely dried out.

3  Thank David L
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Popped in for a quick lunch with work colleagues. Tables are better at the back end as the ones at the main entrance are too close to the main road. Isn't usually an issue but on a hot day as it was with the windows and doors open it was noisy.

I opted for a pizza which were nice. I could see the open kitchen and it being cooked in the pizza oven.

Service was good and they offered a box for any leftovers. Price was reasonable too.

1  Thank bionicgrasshopper
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is good to enjoy a meal with your friend. We went here a couple of time and we we always leave satisfied for what we ate. It offer a good italian menu and it make a good pizza with a good choice of what to drink. The place is really nice inside, staff is friendly and service is good!!

1  Thank Domenico G
Reviewed 23 April 2017

Expectations surpassed. I was a little unsure about visiting La Cucina as when we drove past it looked empty - I hadn't realised there were lots of tables at the back of the restaurant! Food was delicious.Good menu with a great specials board. I had the ravioli with a spicy crab sauce which was superb, others had pizza and thought it was great. Recommend the bruschetta and bread. Service was excellent - brought us jugs of water and did not need to ask for. Lovely coffee and bill for 3 was under £70, including starters, drinks, and coffee afterwards. Would definitely recommend and will return.

1  Thank Catherine N