“Lovely outside seating, Fresh salads, Hot delicious pizza”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #273 of 640 Restaurants in Oxford
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 30 March 2016

Don't let the "express" name fool you; this is not the typical fast food spot. The pizza is excellent and the salads generous and filled with fresh ingredients. This is a conveniently located and affordable spot for a meal. Recommended for families as well as couples.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Pizza Express

Reviewed 14 March 2016

I ate here with a group of friends on a Friday evening. We've eaten here many times before and have always had great food and service but something went wrong during this visit. It wasn't particularly busy but the service was very slow and when the food finally arrived it was cold. Two of my friends complained and had their pizzas reheated. The rest of us didn't bother as we were starving and didn't want to have our food taken away again.My pizza was a bit sparse on toppings which was unusual as I've had it many times before and it's usually delicious. It was a very disappointing evening. I think we'll give this place a miss for a little while. Hopefully it was just a blip!

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

I've been to quite a few Expresses over the years, and they all differ in decor inside! The service is always good in everyone... This one was no exception, food and service no problem. The great thing about Pizza express is the formula works every time, simple food, quick polite service (all the ones I've been too anyway), and inside always warm and pleasant to eat in. Whenever I see the sign down a high street while I'm looking for somewhere to eat, if I haven't got a particular taste in mind.... It's the Express I'd go into, because I know it will be good. In the oxford branch I went day time, and after the lunchtime rush, so can't say what difference under pressure would be like, as these places get very busy! But if your wandering Oxford and get that Italian feeling... Try it here, you'll love the building, it's nestled in a court yard that shouts history at you! As the whole town is steeped in an age that is preserved and designer shops aside, it's perfect to enjoy your lunch or dinner in!

Reviewed 31 January 2016

Great food, service and really friendly helpful staff, with a smile! Our food was lovely and overall experience superb. The staff were great in helping us with where to go afterwards with what to do in Oxford.

Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

Great spot. Excellent service unlike other chain restaurants in the area whose front of house service is lacking. We were able to get a table for an impromptu Saturday lunch. Food was good with a nice ambience and modern interior.