See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I have stayed with my wife and our baby during the weekend and we really liked it here. The staff were really friendly: they took our luggage upstairs and downstairs when we needed it. They have gave us plenty of information regarding the sightseeing and dining. They have also arranged baby cot free of charge. The place was very clean and welcoming not to mention that it was very central. They don't have parking however we have used the park and ride service (Seacourt) which is about five minutes ride by bus and costs £5 per day.

When I talked to their manager Anthony, I suggested that their hallways might do with an upgrade, which they said is going to happen very soon since they are undergoing the change of management and rebranding.

I would definitely recomend it to friends and come back to stay here again, as they are also flexible with their prices for their repeat guests.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2017

The negatives first:
No lift
No aircon
No breakfast
My room was on the third floor and I have slight walking difficulties, so four flights of stairs was a challenge. And it didn't make a great first impression when I arrived, climbing the first flight of stairs to the reception, to find great bags of laundry on all the landings.
The lack of aircon meant that the room was very hot. A desk fan was provided which helped, and during the day I could have the window open. But it's a noisy, lively area (there is a cocktail bar underneath the hotel), so not really feasible to have the windows open at night. The glazing is, however, very efficient and blocked all the noise out.
The room was small and the furnishings extremely basic.
On the plus side, the room and bathroom were very clean, the bed was comfortable, there were plenty of nice towels and the staff could not have been more friendly or more helpful. They were happy to supply as much extra tea and milk as I could possibly need. When I arrived, the sink tap was broken, almost hanging off the sink. I mentioned it on my way out from the evening and when I returned, it was very firmly fixed. Sadly, it then only dispensed hot water, no cold! And it was very difficult to direct it into the basin - the water had a tendency to go everywhere but.
However, the hotel is perfectly suitable for a couple of nights. It is very central, a short walk from the railway station and surrounded by cafes and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

I knew this wasn't a luxury hotel at the time of booking. The room was fine. What wasn't fine is that there was a fire alarm beeping every twenty or so seconds all day and night long. I inquired with the front desk of something could be done about this and was told that she'd check with her manager, but it had been like this for weeks.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2017

Admittedly the place does look a bit grim when you first enter but we were greeted with enthusiasm by Sebastian and the room itself was clean, warm and relatively quiet. We had plenty of clean towels and toiletries, and the bed was comfy with a generous duvet and nice, clean sheets. Unfortunately our stock of milk, coffee and biscuits were not replaced after the first day of our 2-night stay; luckily we'd brought our own 3 in 1 Nescafe sachets. Would highly recommend for value and location.

Room Tip: Our top floor room was reasonably quiet if you can manage a lot of stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

Our first adventure in Oxford. We didn't know what to expect as we get the hotel with cheap price from Agoda.com. Turns out to be more or less 500m from Oxford Station. Right in the middle of everything. Odeon cinema is just around 50 steps away, and right in front the cinema... there's one halal kebab shop! It was delicious and cheap!!! Near to Debenhams and Cornmarket street for you to shop! From Primark to Mark & Spencer and rows of restaurants and also not to be missed the glaucester market n Covered Market! Recommended this place. The bed is sooo comfy!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends