“Delightful, even for an Oxford insider”
Review of Oxford City Walk

Oxford City Walk
Ranked #6 of 51 Tours in Oxford
More attraction details
Owner description: Private, bespoke sightseeing & walking tours in Oxford, Oxfordshire, UK.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 6 April 2018

After I won a private tour of Oxford in a charity auction, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Being a student at Oxford myself, I thought I would know the city pretty well by now. However, having friends from my home country over for a visit, I decided it would be great to have them enjoy a tour of Oxford. All of us, maybe even myself the most, were blown away by David's capacity to bring Oxford's buildings, streets and landmarks alive by not only giving us historical accounts and recollections, but also drawing us into literary references and feuds between different alumni. I would 100% per cent recommend David's insider's eye to give anyone an extraordinary (first, second or 100th) impression of a very special place.

3  Thank juliasmuller
in 41 reviews
"interests"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 26 February 2018

We had a really great 2 hour private tour of Oxford with David, who was extremely knowledgeable and a great guide. We learnt a lot of interesting history of the city with lots of amusing stories along the way. David was great at pitching to the whole group and was very accommodating of our young daughter and the occasional toddler tantrum, would definitely recommend!

2  Thank mikeV3405ZB
Reviewed 23 October 2017

We had our company event recently in Oxford and as part of the social programme there was a walking tour of the town, led by David Gunnell of Oxford City Walks. The feedback from the group was overwhelmingly positive and David in all his wisdom and passion managed to bring to life the history and architecture of this wonderful place, from Lewis Carroll to leading lights in government, science and Nobel prize recipients.

2  Thank Choo-Beng G
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We had very interesting 6-hour Oxford tour with David at the end of September. He took us to Worchester College with 16th century dorms and pristine park, modern Institute of Mathematics with Penrose tiles and stairs that reminded Escher prints, amazing Natural History museum, Rhodes house, Christ Church. He walked us through Historic centre with many beautiful buildings, talking about colleges, history, traditions. David’s deep knowledge of history, literature, his curiosity and appreciation of art and architecture makes this tour very interesting and enjoyable. I wish we had more time and could see more. I think you need to spend 2 days in Oxford to fully appreciate it. If you have limited time and no special interests- go to historic centre and visit as many places there as you can.

1  Thank ZZ_MN