I saw great reviews on bookdirectrooms.com, so I thought that I would enjoy my one month stay. Diana seems to have a very walm personality, very talkative during breakfast, especially to local. However, I found that some of my basic needs could not be met.
(1) I was forced to go to bed around 10pm, because there was no heat after 10am in the house while it was around 3 centigrade outside. I thought that there was some heating problem, but was told the next day that they don't offer heat 10pm - 6am, because that's the average time their guests go to sleep.
(2) no toilet paper were offered after I used up the half roll when I moved in. I had to ask for it.
(3) Hot shower is not guaranteed. I found no hot water sometimes 10:30pm, 7:30am, 8am, 9:30am. Some other guests also complained, but some guests said that they simply don't need a shower at all - they have no problem. Sometimes their boiler stopped working without a reason, sometimes, they just programmed the boiler or pipe to turn off, but I was told so after I found out.
(4) Room service once a week, but they don't offer fresh towels unless you ask. Noise during the day and after dinner. Sometimes they have dinner parties in their house.
It all depends on what you expect. If you are fine with these hidden house rules, this is a good place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diana's large modern home is nestled in front of a beautifully landscaped garden, found at the back. Where in the summer months you can enjoy your breakfast in the sun. During the rest of the year we take our breakfast in the kitchen-breakfast room where you will be pampered with full English breakfast or continental if you prefer.The B & B boasts about its spotless rooms. They are all equipped with flat screen SKY TV, free wifi and luxury bed and bedding. All of the rooms are non-smoking so a comfortable area outside has been provided for you in the garden.There is a common area in the hallway where you can wait for your companions or while away your time reading the literature all about Oxford and don't forget to take away a map of Oxford center so you don't aimlessly waste your time away (unless that is what you really want!). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Diana's Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.