3,567 results
All reviewsmorse barashmolean museummolton brown toiletriesconcierge teamdrawing roominspector morseturn down serviceexecutive roombeautiful buildingbreakfast servicecentral locationcar parkingcooked breakfastold buildinglovely roomvisit oxforddoorman
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

My wife arranged a High Tea at this iconic hotel and we were not disappointed the service was excellent and the tea was yummy.what would have made it better would have been homemade Gluten free cake.
I would recommend.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Manager_Randolph, General Manager at Macdonald Randolph Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Thank you for posting a review following your visit for afternoon tea for your special occasion. We serve our famous afternoon tea at the hotel 7 days a week in our lounge from 12 noon - 6.00pm. Pre-booking is advised as we do get busy.

We cater for all dietary requirements and it is always best to contact us prior to arrival.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future and happy birthday from all the team at The Randolph.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Hats off to your two amazing doormen, Andrew and Daniel, without whose assistance our visit on a cold Saturday afternoon to the Ashmolean Museum with aged and disabled parents would have been so, so much more difficult. They helped us park, kept an eye on the vehicle for us whilst we were in the museum, helped us load wheelchairs out of and into the trunk, held doors open: in short, they were fantastically helpful, courteous, friendly and accommodating. Everything you'd want and expect from staff at a hotel of this calibre, despite the fact that we weren't even visiting the Randolph. THANK YOU GENTLEMEN!!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Hopefultraveller57

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review. I was delighted we were able to assist you and I know the concierge team will be most motivated to learn of your feedback.

I do hope we may have the pleasure of being of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

This is the most English of English up-scale hotels; from the peeling skirting boards to the elegantly appointed and rather stuffy bedrooms via the higgly-piggeldy staircases and the Morse Bar, you could really only be in one of the Shires. Whilst I was there, the Concierge was overheard apologising profusely to a customer whose car had caught fire whilst he was parking it for her, which is probably about as understated-English-polite as it gets. There is also a marvellous Full English breakfast to look forward to in the morning. Super fun - especially if you are not paying the (rather steep) bill.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Willcoxmnk
Manager_Randolph, General Manager at Macdonald Randolph Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. To the best of my knowledge we have not experienced any cars catching fire but I was pleased to note your comments regarding the concierge team. We have a dedicated concierge desk to assist with all luggage and park guests' vehicles (pre-booking is essential).

Breakfast is a highlight at the hotel with a continental buffet and cooked to order English breakfast available to our guests.

I do hope that we can welcome you back in the not too distant future. We offer various promotional rates throughout the year and it is always best to check our website at the time of booking.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here in the past but decided just to stop for some drinks prior to going to the theatre it really is a superb place and the staff are very friendly
Only comment and probably not really justified but the prices are on the steep side

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting a review and I am pleased you enjoyed your pre-theatre drinks with us. At the hotel we offer our Morse Bar as well Cartoon Bar. Both have a wide selection of cocktails and extensive drinks lists.

We strive to offer value for money at the hotel and are in line with other establishments. We offer waiter service and bar snacks with all our drinks.

I do hope that we can be of service to you again when you are next in the city of Oxford and thank you once again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

We attended my work Christmas party here last night.

On arrival we were welcomed in from a dry cold evening by the very friendly concierge. The building was festively decorated and warm and welcoming. We were all seated in the Lancaster suite which was great for the amount of us attending. The food was great although maybe slightly larger portions would have been nice as most of us felt that we would have enjoyed a few more potatoes/ vegetables with our mains. Once the inclusive drinks were finished we found that there was a good amount of choice at the bar and were reasonably priced.

A lovely building, good amenities and pleasant and friendly staff. I hope we return here for our next party too.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting a review. I was delighted you enjoyed your festive works party with us. We host many events over the festive period and it is always very pleasing to know our esteemed guests have enjoyed themselves.

Guests can pre-order drinks for their functions and we have a function bar fully stocked with a great selection on offer.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel next year.