Macdonald Randolph Hotel
US$ 317
US$ 302
US$ 144
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 183/night.

Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$ 191
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
US$ 158
US$ 142
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 165/night.

US$ 182
US$ 165
3,470 results
All reviewsmorse barashmolean museummolton brown toiletriesconcierge teamdrawing roomafternoon teainspector morseturn down serviceexecutive roombeautiful buildingspecial occasionbreakfast servicerestaurant staffcentral locationcar parkingcooked breakfastold building
Reviewed 10 December 2017

This is the most English of English up-scale hotels; from the peeling skirting boards to the elegantly appointed and rather stuffy bedrooms via the higgly-piggeldy staircases and the Morse Bar, you could really only be in one of the Shires. Whilst I was there, the Concierge was overheard apologising profusely to a customer whose car had caught fire whilst he was parking it for her, which is probably about as understated-English-polite as it gets. There is also a marvellous Full English breakfast to look forward to in the morning. Super fun - especially if you are not paying the (rather steep) bill.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Willcoxmnk
Manager_Randolph, General Manager at Macdonald Randolph Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. To the best of my knowledge we have not experienced any cars catching fire but I was pleased to note your comments regarding the concierge team. We have a dedicated concierge desk to assist with all luggage and park guests' vehicles (pre-booking is essential).

Breakfast is a highlight at the hotel with a continental buffet and cooked to order English breakfast available to our guests.

I do hope that we can welcome you back in the not too distant future. We offer various promotional rates throughout the year and it is always best to check our website at the time of booking.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here in the past but decided just to stop for some drinks prior to going to the theatre it really is a superb place and the staff are very friendly
Only comment and probably not really justified but the prices are on the steep side

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting a review and I am pleased you enjoyed your pre-theatre drinks with us. At the hotel we offer our Morse Bar as well Cartoon Bar. Both have a wide selection of cocktails and extensive drinks lists.

We strive to offer value for money at the hotel and are in line with other establishments. We offer waiter service and bar snacks with all our drinks.

I do hope that we can be of service to you again when you are next in the city of Oxford and thank you once again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

We attended my work Christmas party here last night.

On arrival we were welcomed in from a dry cold evening by the very friendly concierge. The building was festively decorated and warm and welcoming. We were all seated in the Lancaster suite which was great for the amount of us attending. The food was great although maybe slightly larger portions would have been nice as most of us felt that we would have enjoyed a few more potatoes/ vegetables with our mains. Once the inclusive drinks were finished we found that there was a good amount of choice at the bar and were reasonably priced.

A lovely building, good amenities and pleasant and friendly staff. I hope we return here for our next party too.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting a review. I was delighted you enjoyed your festive works party with us. We host many events over the festive period and it is always very pleasing to know our esteemed guests have enjoyed themselves.

Guests can pre-order drinks for their functions and we have a function bar fully stocked with a great selection on offer.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel next year.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Great service, very friendly staff extremely helpful, nothing too much trouble, parked our car and retrieved it comfortably and without stress. Rooms are great all individual...often visit oxford on business usually stay at malmaison but fully booked for the date required, last time I stayed it was just after the fire, should have given a second chance, which I will now

Room Tip: 131 is great
Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Manager_Randolph, General Manager at Macdonald Randolph Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Thank you for posting a review and I was pleased we could welcome you back. Since the fire back in April 2015 we have refurbished all our bedrooms and also now have a new Cartoon Bar and VIP Club Lounge. We have also launched an all day dining restaurant with a wide selection of dishes and fabulous wine list.

We have a dedicated concierge team to assist all arrivals and departures with their luggage. We offer valet parking and pre-booking is essential as we have a limited number of spaces in our garage. I know they will be most motivated by your comments.

I do hope we can now welcome you back when your business needs bring you back to the city of Oxford and thank you once again for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Having just spent a night in the Randolph with my mother as her Christmas treat, we were very disappointed with a number of aspects of the hotel. It is in a fantastic position for visiting many of the amazing sites around the city and should be a fabulous hotel but sadly, it is not.
The concierges were delightful and very helpful in storing luggage,valet parking and ordering a taxi so no problems there.
Our room, was ok - not to the normal standard of a 4* hotel but was absolutely miles away from reception and the lifts. My mother is a reasonably fit 80 year old but she really struggled to find the room and the walk was really too much for her.
The biggest problem was the overwhelming smell of either drains or dead rat mainly in the reception area but also along the long airless corridors. When we mentioned this to the receptionist on our departure, she said absolutely n nothing! Not a word! clearly, she's been told many times before.
When a couple of friends asked me since how our stay was, they agreed about the smell and the fact that it is just not special.
Sorry Randolph, we will not be staying again, even though my daughter is now at the university for the next 3 years.

Stayed: December 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I am sorry it was of a disappointing nature. At the hotel we offer 40 executive bedrooms in our Worcester Wing. I do appreciate some of these are some distance from the main reception but are offered with every confidence that guests will be comfortable. These are larger bedrooms with large baths and seperate showers. We will always endeavour to relocate guests who might require mobility assistance or ease of access to their rooms. It is always best to contact us directly so we can pre-select bedrooms wherever possible.

I am sorry you were inconvienced by an odour in the reception area. May I assure you that all our drains are regularly sanatized and in perfect working order. I am currently investigating the odour but am pleased to report that this is no longer present.

I do hope you may reconsider and we can can have the pleasure of being of service to you again in the future should your travel plans bring you back to the city.

Yours sincerely,