All reviewsabingdon roadrooms are smallcity centrefull english breakfasttvguesthousehairdryer
Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

I would not highly recommend this because I was never truly comfortable here. The room was okay, but needed a little cleaning. The bathroom was a little dirty, and neighbors were noisy. I felt uncomfortable often. I was grateful for the wifi, the tv, and a place to stay. The hot pot was gross though and it's a little bit of walk into the city. That's all I can remember.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Madilyn H
Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

My daughter booked a one night stay here over the phone and spoke to a lady who was very helpful.As I am disabled she booked the fround floor double room ,gave her card payment details and was told the room was paid for and that she would recieve a conformation e mail.A few days later ahe realised the money hadnt been taken from her account , so I telephoned to double check the booking.I spoke to a man who initially was not helpful and said that the money not been taken and he was going to do it then.My daughter was then worried that the money may come out twice which after a couple of days ahe realised they had only tsken the payment once.Again I asked for the confimation e mail (which we are still waiting for) A few days later I telephoned again to enquire about a gluten free breakfast for my daughter.I was bluntly told not possible but he offered to try and obtain some bread.My daughter did not want to risk being glutened(she has coeliac disease) so I told the man not to bother.
On the day we arrived early and luckily a very kind young man allowed us to leave our bags and gave us our room key.
After a very cold day in Oxford it was lovely to return to our room which was so warm and cosy.The only problem with the room was no heating in the toilet/shower room and it was freezing.
Breakfast next morning was not great.There was no description of what was offered for full english breakfast ,no option for saying how I wanted my eggs cooked or anything else.The breakfast arrived so quickly after ordering and there in my opinion was no evidence of the breakfast being freshly cooked.In my opinion it was a reheated breakfast and I have never been served a fried egg that was so hard.For £80 I believe a proper cooked breakfast with options available should be offered.
I would stay again as the room was ok but as I have previously said the breakfast would have to be vastly improved and akso there should be more available for people with special dietary needs.
I would also like to say that we did not get his name but the young man on duty was very polite and helpful.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

This Bnb was awful!
The place smelt of cabbage, it was dark and dingy.
My rooms was horrendous...
The floor has clumbs of dirt/hair/ dust over it, the sink had hair in the plug hole and therefore filled up with trying to wash!
The spoon for the tea was dirty!
The walls were filthy.
Blood spots on the sheets!!
Radiator had the paint coming of the wall!
No heating, even when asked to be looked at! Move up in the morning shivering, got dressed and left as I did not want to even attempt their breakfast!
No check out process given, therefore left un safe for other guests!
To go to the toilet you had your feet in the shower.
Didn't feel secure as the door barely locked.
The whole place was a shambles.. To top it of I got home and was covered in bites!
Awful place. I would highly recommend not staying here ever!!!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Cheryldilley
Reviewed 3 December 2015

A modern cosy little B&B, with a very comfortable bed.Small bathroom but everything you need for a night away and close to the centre of Oxford at half the price of others we looked into.Pleasant and friendly owner ,who sorted the minor problems immediately. Would definitely recommend

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2015

after reading some negative reviews we were a little concerned abut what we would find on arrival but our concerns quickly dissolved as the welcome we had was vey friendly the room was rather small but very neat and clean the same can be said about the bathroom but the location was excellent,the buses were numerous but we chose to to take the pleasant 20 walk to the city center, the breakfast was very good and we found road traffic noise was minimal we have no qualms about recommending this hotel for a short city break

Stayed: November 2015