“"Great hotel in a great location"”
Review of The Buttery Hotel

The Buttery Hotel
Ranked #24 of 85 Oxford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed at The Buttery for one night and could not fault it. The staff were very nice, the location was great with no need to worry about driving and parking (we used the park and ride as suggested and found it worked well). We enjoyed the breakfast after a very comfortable night. Oh it was spotlessly clean too! We will definitely be using The Buttery again on our next trip to Oxford.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Stayed here recently during a one night stay in Oxford. The hotel is in a great location, central and across the road from Balliol and Trinity College. Room was tiny but comfortable bed and well equiped for a good price. It's an old building so a few creaky floorboards but I had no problems sleeping. Would recommend staying here if you need a bed somewhere central.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stayed at The Buttery, when I needed a hotel in the centre of Oxford, that was not too expensive. Room was fine if a bit small. Breakfast was as expected. Happy to recommend it, and would stay there again. As mentioned in title the staff are very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We stayed at The Buttery hotel in March 2012. We had a room 101 that is on the streetside, first floor. The room was very comfortable, spacious, clean and the bathroom was very nice and clean. The view was nice with big windows. The location of the hotel is very central, could not be better. The obvious downside is however noise coming from street. It didn't bother us, but I guess some travelers might have a problem with it. So, take earplugs with you :-). Also, lot of stairs in the hotel, and again, no problem for us, but be warned.
The breakfast was nice, although crowded.

I would stay again definitely (with ear-plugs).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I've not actually stayed in the hotel but I go to The Buttery Cafe at the hotel as I work just along the street doing walking tours. The staff at Buttery, including Marcelo, are super friendly and one thing I also especially like about this cafe is that they can serve me fast- which is important in my case as I just order take away coffee to go as I go to The Buttery when I am working. It's god value for money too and it is ideally located bang in the town centre and they also have a terrace looking onto Balliol College.

Room Tip: I didn't stay in the hotel though.