“Brilliant family meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Something for everyone in a very demanding group! Great service, I insisted on over tipping. Ok, I had a really cool versuvias pizza, there's a joke there somewhere, others enjoyed the dips, the pasta dishes and a sensational pork belly - I have no idea how they did that, it was like no pork belly I've seen before but it got rave reviews from our German contingiant, and they know their pork!
But let's get serious - the sweet menu looks quite innocent, but wow! Orange polenta cake was amazing, a hazelnut cheesecake was the best ever and our waitress bent over backwards to tweak the ice cream menu.
A great and memorable occasion, I' m so pleased we chose this place on this special family occasion.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

We visited for dinner around 8pm on a Thursday's evening. Only two servers were seen during the evening, plus a manager who didn't do much to help. We were seated after about ten minutes, lots of empty tables but none made up, then just left alone. The table behind ours lay uncleared with dirty food and dishes all over it for the entire time we were there. I had to get our own menus from the front desk. Following our starter it took almost an hour (and a complaint!) for them to bring our three simple pasta dishes, and one of the items was wrong and all three was tasteless. The manager was very defensive, the staff didn't apologise for the slow service and at one point a woman stormed out of the kitchen looking very flustered - I think she must have been the only member of kitchen staff in that evening.

I work in the service industry and don't leave 1 star reviews lightly, but I can't remember having received worse service than this and we weren't the only unhappy people in the restaurant. Hopefully the manager will see this and realise they need to really recruit more staff! Not fair on customers or waiting staff.

1  Thank L0rL0rR
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Service for drinks was slow and had to call someone over but it looked like they were short staffed.
Food arrived. I had baked mushrooms for starter which were lovely but 6 was too many for me, 4 would have been plenty. I had the light Tropicana pizza with a salad for main which was lovely but I only had one piece of pineapple which was disappointing considering its one of the main ingredients of the pizza.
We had a 25% off voucher which is unusual for a Friday night so definitely a bonus as we picked our restaurant according to be voucher we could find. All in all nice meal.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

We went on a Friday evening and they only had 3 staff serving. It took them 30 minutes to take our order. Then they had no house white chilled on a very hot day. The bruschetta was delicious as was the ravioli. Tasty food but they need more staff serving. You need to book too as it gets so busy.

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

We know Prezzo is always good and the one in Oxford Castle is no exception. Clean inside and with friendly efficient staff. I had the Trio of Pork classic pizza and my wife had the grilled chicken with Gorgonzola. To follow I had cheesecake and my wife had the sticky toffee pudding. The food was excellent and the coffee was real coffee, not the hot salty water that you get in some places. Although excellent I thought that just over £6 for a small piece of cheesecake was too expensive. I will go back but I will give the dessert a miss next time.