“Perfect weekend”
other travellers have booked this property
Original features include fireplaces in most rooms, original floors, high ceilings and cornicing
The Victorian Wing; a beautiful 1870's cottage within minutes of Henley Town Square Comfortably furnished with mid century and antique furniture. Smart TV's in 3 rooms
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Traditional kitchen with range cooker & double butler sink...all mod-cons
Washing machine, dryer, blenders, microwave, slimline dishwasher
Everything for the cook..crockery, glassware, bake-ware and pans.
All household needs (washing, bathroom and laundry items) supplied free of charge
The pantry is filled with essentials - sauces, spices, oils, herbs and preserves
Tablecloths, napkins and all other linens provided. Ipod dock and stereo for entertaining
Bedroom 1, super-king bed. Smart TV for bedtime/lie in movies. Perfect for couples
Bedding and pillows are goose and duck feather down, all linens 200+ thread count
Bedroom 2. King-size bed. Black out curtains and pelmets ensure a good lie in!
Pocket sprung, latex topped mattresses for the ultimate in back care and comfort
One wardrobe free in each room for guests
Charming bathroom with fireplace, roll-top bath and separate shower
Bathroom. Great water pressure and oodles of hot water. Plenty of storage
Bathroom. Complimentary SLS & Paraben-free toiletries
The patio at night - magical in the summer months
Patio summer 2017
Downstairs small double bedroom with en-suite shower
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Lorraine...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Perfect weekend”
Reviewed 18 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

Cottage was perfect, everything we expected and more. Everything you need for a self catering holiday. Six of us stayed for my wife Lorraines 50th birthday. Very comfy king sized beds. Location excellent for a short stroll into town. Amanda was a great hostess, very helpful without being too intrusive. We bumped into her and partner Matt at the festival and they spent a while chatting to us which was really nice. All in all it was a wonderful stay and we hope to return sometime in the future.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
21 Jul 2018
What smashing guests! Thank you for choosing the cottage for your stay and being so very complimentary about it.

So pleased that the birthday weekend was a great success. HURRAY!

You lovely people are welcome back anytime :) xx
Gemma F
“Fabulous family holiday”
Reviewed 21 June 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We just returned from a 4 week vacation at Amanda’s beautiful house in Henley-on-Thames. The house is set back off the Main Street and provides a lovely tranquil atmosphere for a relaxing stay. All the rooms were set out perfectly and the kitchen is fully equipped with everything you would need for an extended holiday. We were lucky enough to have excellent weather during our time here and the courtyard was fabulous for enjoying sunny afternoons.
Amanda was very helpful during the booking process and whilst we were there. The perfect balance of attention without being intrusive.
The Thursday morning market is a real treat and although we had hired cars it was lovely to have such close access to the train station too.
Excellent accommodation, location and host! Thank you so much Amanda.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
27 Jun 2018
Ah - thank you Gemma and family for this lovely review, and the kind pressies you left for me.
You guys can move in :)
Hope to see you again.
Annie W
“Lovely house but very high standards and despite our efforts were charged a cleaning fee”
Reviewed 15 June 2018 for a stay in April 2018

I booked this for my wedding to house bridesmaids and to get ready. We enjoyed having a big space to get ready and chill out before the big day. This cottage is lovely and clean, it has useful items in the kitchen so lots of nice touches.

When we checked out I left my respectable bridesmaids to check out but we received a list saying of things that wasn't left perfect during our stay we had moved the furniture but we put back on check out and Amanda spotted we left the lights on & didn't double lock the door, we were a bit miffed to be honest as we thought we could use the space how we wanted during our rental and respected the rules that were emailed over. We were charged £24 of our deposit for cleaning afterwards as we forgot to empty the bedroom bins and the kitchen had a few items in the fridge.

Less that perfect but we did try and given the high cost of rental should already be factored to her costs and not charged after. It's a lovely place but just be aware as it is so nice you will need to meet the high standards.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Hi Annie
It’s great to hear the Cottage suited your needs for your wedding, thank you for being so kind about it. As explained on email, you were charged for 2 hours cleaning because your party chipped a coffee table and a shaving mirror was pulled off the wall.

Any damage needs to be sorted between guests to maintain the standards you enjoyed for your stay. Because I was also left with your guests’ washing up, food, bins etc I needed help that day to fix the damage as well as the clean.

My house rule is that the heavy furniture isn’t moved about on the old pine floors in the sitting room, doing so can cause irrevocable damage to a really nice period feature. That rule is shared before your stay on email, and in person on arrival. I don’t think it’s an onerous request and the room is laid out well for guests to sit comfortably together. Guests certainly can use the house as they wish during a stay and the only reason I knew you had chosen to ignore this rule is that you left the house open (you are confused about locking a door, the house was open) with the lights on inviting anyone passing to look in to see – as well as enter. Luckily, I passed the house in the evening and saw this, I obviously came inside the hallway to shout if anyone was in and on realising no-one was I closed and locked the door.

I’m sorry if you felt that was intrusive but leaving the house open all day not only invites burglars in to empty the house of my belongings, but yours too.

I’m a bit confused why you think £47 per person per night is an expensive rate, but that is subjective. That cost doesn’t cover damage, or time to fix any damage, but does of course cover cleaning.
I didn’t want to put a dampener on your Wedding stay and understood you may have been in a rush, the house not important to your day. I therefore politely emailed you after your stay to explain the minor damage, and the house condition your guests left behind, meaning I needed to call upon a cleaner to help reach the timing for my next guests. I assured you not to worry about the damage and invited you to stay again when you replied that you would like to return.

I had hoped you might think the small charge was extremely reasonable under the circumstances - I didn’t chose to replace any items, or ask in a contractor to fix them, but to fix them myself in order to assure the least inconvenience and cost to you, therefore another happy customer.
Richard W
“Simply.. simply.. lovely ;)”
Reviewed 9 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

This cottage is a real find. Set back from the rest of the world in its own private alley (bar the owners home next door), this characterful property has been brought back to life with care and attention. Once a derelict ex-residence for a pump house worker (I believe)... it is now homely, inviting and incredibly comfortable. The attention to detail in creating a happy place to stay is evident throughout. This is definitely our bouncy host’s place and it was a joy to be her paying guest.

The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was huge, complete with free standing bathtub. The hot water never runs out and and the dining room was perfect for board games (as well as eating food cooked in the very well laden adjoining kitchen).

Six of us adults and one child had more than enough space to cohabit without conflict. In fact we got on incredibly well.

There is no question. If you’re considering a break here- book it!

27 Jun 2018
Oh wow, thank you so much for this lovely review. And for being super guests too of course.
Sarah L
“Fantastic house”
Reviewed 25 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

We stayed in the house for a girls weekend. The house is in a perfect location and has all the creature comforts you need. The house is beautiful, I would definitely stay here again.

21 Jul 2018
Welcome again !
Thank you kindly for a 5 star review. Wow :)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing