“"Cute retro coffee shop"”

Hot Gossip coffee house
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 March 2017

Cosy independent Coffeehouse with lovely 1950/1960's theme running throughout, with Stevie Wonder and other greats playing in the background.
Friendly, attentive service. You are always greeted well by the ladies (and a couple boys!) who are behind the counter smiling.
The soya lattes and chocolate biscuit tiffin are to die for! A few homemade treats including chocolate dipped flapjack are very tasty. They even cater for gluten free!
I am a regular to Hot Gossip - always so much more inviting than the chain coffee houses.
Dogs also welcome and mine is always treated to a gravy bone or two too!!

A must visit.

1  Thank mini_faith
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

I really want to give a better review. I'm a local and want to support our independent food/coffee businesses, especially as they are outnumbered by the large chains in Henley.

But... despite Hot Gossip offering decent drinks and sandwiches, I'm unlikely go back for a while. I haven't had a smile from any member of the team in the last three visits. Service is functional at best. The Bakery feels dusty and distant, and is (just about) warmed by a small electric heater. The art on the walls is really not good. The soup I had today was lukewarm and bland.

With the new café (Spoon) just around the corner, I think Hot Gossip might be pushing it to just rely on its old regulars. I can't imagine new customers choosing it when there are friendlier, warmer and brighter options so close.

I will be back, but not for a while. I hope to see happier faces next time I pop in.

5  Thank buchanv
Reviewed 6 February 2017

Best coffee for a long time. Lovely sitting in the old Bakery in the back with a Sunday Paper and Warm croissant. We always go there after a drive to Henley

Reviewed 22 January 2017

I arrived at 10.10am on a Sunday and didn't realise it didn't open until 10.30am.
It was cold and frosty and the owner insisted on letting me in as it was so cold. Wouldn't get this in one of the coffee chains!
I had a gorgeous coffee, perfectly made and delicious granola bar and warmed up.
Thank you!

1  Thank tracyhead1
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Pleasant little coffee shop. Coffee a bit strong but served with a smile. Nice clean toilets in the back which is always important