All reviews the pub sunday roast convenient car park full english hook norton central location window seat booked a table touring the cotswolds special thanks nice room bottled water perfect stay comfortable bed tea and coffee good size lovely town
Reviewed 6 November 2018

I needed a room at short notice for a job I had locally. There was a slight issue with the booking as the agent I used secured the booking on a credit card they dont take at the Fox (Amex), Got an email saying this some time after booking.com confirmed the booking. Called the fox and they said my booking had come through and it was no problem - and it wasn't they honored the price I had been quoted.

Very comfy room and bed with all the creature comforts. Super tea & coffee choice. Bottle of local beer and some local mineral water in glass bottles - nice touch!. Good shower and selection of toiletries & even quality loo roll!

Shower was clean and powerful and the breakfast excellent. Max who dealt with my booking and stay was very helpful & excellent and made me feel very welcome.

The rest of my party stayed in a nearby global hotel chain for twice the price and were not impressed by it - so I did very well!

I can thoroughly recommend The Fox and would stay here again. I did not eat dinner there as I tried the Local curry house (also excellent next door),

Well done guys! Free Parking also round the back.

Room tip: Just ask for a nice one!
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Went during the week as a couple and had a great meal.So, booked for a birthday treat for my husband with the family for Sunday lunch. Very friendly greeting, drinks order taken and drinks served and then we waited and then we waited some more. We asked what the problem was and we were told that the kitchen was dealing with a large party of diners, upstairs. No apology was offered and wecfinally pinned someone down to take our order.ONE HOUR later our meal was served. Our party included our seven year old grandson who behaved impeccably during the wait. The food was good, but considering we had booked a week before, we were not impressed with the service. We would have been more forgiving if someone had talked to us. Will give it a miss in future, even though it is on our doorstep.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank oldmanaudi
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Visited as part of a group of friends celebrating a major birthday. Room was a good size with a large bathroom. Had everything we needed including a bottle of beer from Hook Norton brewery. Good english breakfast in the morning.

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

The cheese cauliflower has been the best vegetarian dish I had during my fortnight stay in the Cotswolds. Spicy (but not too much) and cooked to perfection. Staff very attending and everything was done with a smile. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2018

Would highly recommend The fox as a place to stay in Chipping Norton.
Stayed here for 2 nights whilst attending a family wedding.
Our room was very tastefully decorated and exceptionally clean...could not fault anything at all.
Breakfast was exceptional....with extremely high quality ingredients.Infact I would go as far to say it was the best I have ever had!
The staff were all friendly and very helpful.particularly the young man who served us breakfast both mornings....he was genuinely very nice and I would say he is an absolute credit to your business.Thank you for making our stay with you so pleasurable.

Date of stay: September 2018