New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Chipping Norton
Nottingham
“Vile.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Heythrop Park Resort is 2.5 hours away from my home. I seriously considered commuting for the three days of my forced stay after I was shown to my room. Stained bed coverings, no bed valance, single glazed windows, no drawers or suitable storage and a fan that ran constantly and off it's bearing made this hotel stay the longest and least pleasurable in my career. And I've been in Blackpook during party political conferences, when accommodation has been at a premium and I didn't dare take my shoes off in the Guest house room. Vile is the only word I can use to describe this experience. There is a reason that Premier Inn with thier friendly staff and "good night sleep guaranteed" promise is so attractive - and Heythrop Parl Resort and a ridiculous £75 a night is it.

Room Tip: Vile. You deserve better.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Stapleton29
GMHeythrop, General Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Good morning, I hope you are well....
I'm sorry your stay wasn't perfect, Please could you email me your contact number and when would be a good time to call you so we can discuss your recent stay.
mstarkey@heythroppark.co.uk
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed here with my wife as she had treated me to a round with the golf pro for a birthday present.
The course & tuition I got were absolutely excellent and whilst I was playing my wife booked in & upgraded us to a room in the main house. This was well worth the extra as it looked out on to the gardens and the room was really spacious but somewhat cold and it would have been nice to have some blinds at the windows of bedroom and bathroom to give some privacy as anyone walking in the Italian Garden could have seen into our rooms.
Dinner was included in our stay but we had difficulty in finding the restaurant as it was in the Crown Plaza complex - better signings would have been helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMHeythrop, General Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you, for taking the time and trouble to put your wonderful feedback onto the tripadvisor website. Your comments make a difference to our resort. If you are thinking of coming back to the resort please call or email me direct.
Once again thank you
Liverpool
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed on a saturday night in 'A' wing in the main house. We had dinner in the bar which was overpriced and poor. My husband had lasagne which had clearly been microwaved as it had curled up edges and lasted like a 99p frozen ready meal. We paid £90 for a double room B&B. The room was absolutely tiny. The bed was not even a double but 3/4 of a double to enable it to fit! It should not have been advertised as a double. It led to a very uncomfortable night's sleep. The room was noisy. I was woken up during the night by the couple next door talking. I could hear every word of their conversation not just a general background noise. I was later disturbed by a flushing loo and noisy pipes. The bathroom was in need of refurbishment and the shower was mouldy. Breakfast in the morning was o.k. Good selection for a fry up but not so good on pastries and no fresh fruit. The fruit juice was heavily watered down.

The grounds are undoubtedly beautiful and parts of the hotel are lovely. It was a shame we got stuck in what felt like a basement corridor in a tatty part. Poor value for money - for £90 I would have at least expected a proper double bed and a quiet, clean room.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Anna B
GMHeythrop, General Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to put your feedback onto the tripadvisor website, I'm sorry your stay wasn't perfect. Please could you email me your contact number and when would be a good time to call you so we can discuss your feedback in more detail.
once again thank you, mstarkey@heythroppark.co.uk

Travellers are raving about these Chipping Norton hotels

Solihull, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Our thrid visit to Heythrop, and yet again frustrating! Once again there were que's at reception to get booked in, NO Priority Desk check in available again! yet ALL of the other IHG group hotel's that I use have a seperate Priority check in. We were allocated room 078 and when we arrived at this room we were confronted with a small dark (only one window) room, so I ventured back to reception and agin took my place in the que, when my turn arrived to talk with the receptionist (ten minutes later) I asked what status room 078 was, the reply came "a standard room sir!" I then asked if there were any Executive rooms free and the reply was "yes, sir we have some available" I then inquired why I had NOT recieved an upgrade at book in as I have been a Priority Platinum member fot the past decade, the reply was just a murmered "don't know!"

I was now allocated another room, I was asked if I would like any help with my luggage, I replied saying that would not be needed, my wife and I then moved our bags from room 078 to the new room, and when we entered the room it was still dirty and had NOT yet been serviced! Back to reception again and joined yet another que, the receptionist was "gobsmacked" that the room was dirty as on her system it was showing clean and ready for occupancy, she then asked us to go back to room 078 and she would phone me when housekeeping had serviced the room. After apprtoximately 50 minutes we received a call informing us that our new allocated room had finally been cleaned and serviced, at this stage we relocated and unpacked, from start to finish this scenario had taken nearly two hours so at four o'clock we were at last begining to settle down and unwind!

It is such a shame that this hotel lets itself down so badly as it has a wonderful setting with lovely ground's to explore, in such a tranquil and peaceful enviroment.

Room Tip: pick a room situated on the third floor in the "Quiet Area"
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to put your review on Tripadvisor website I'm sorry your stay wasn't perfect. If you could please email me your contact number and when would be a good time to call you so we can discuss your stay.
once again thank you, mstarkey@heythroppark.co.uk
luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Booked an overnight stay en route to elsewhere via internet site and got a cheap deal in annexe but was not expecting much .Old hall lovely building but more could be made of its features. Upgraded to room in main hall , got a view of garden which was nice for the price but not brilliant,shower grouting mouldy which was offputting. Very pretty grounds but a bit of a mishmash of styles with new bits and old bits in need or repair. Very welcoming staff and all professional throughout stay. Offered a discounted breakfast at check in and as location is far from anywhere else took it after some deliberation. Awful bog standard hotel breakfast, canned friut, cheap juices, cheap full English etc certainly wasn't worth it though was obliged with a very nice cappuccino instead of awful pot coffee. Food in evening also poor.

Room Tip: Ask and pay for upgrade or stay at related Crowne Plaza
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMHeythrop, General Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to put your feedback onto the tripadvisor website, Whould it be possible for you email me your contact number or email address and when would be a good time to call you so we can discuss your points in more detail. Thank you
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chipping Norton
24.8 km away
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
#2 of 3 in Chipping Campden

Been to Heythrop Park Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK