Our thrid visit to Heythrop, and yet again frustrating! Once again there were que's at reception to get booked in, NO Priority Desk check in available again! yet ALL of the other IHG group hotel's that I use have a seperate Priority check in. We were allocated room 078 and when we arrived at this room we were confronted with a small dark (only one window) room, so I ventured back to reception and agin took my place in the que, when my turn arrived to talk with the receptionist (ten minutes later) I asked what status room 078 was, the reply came "a standard room sir!" I then asked if there were any Executive rooms free and the reply was "yes, sir we have some available" I then inquired why I had NOT recieved an upgrade at book in as I have been a Priority Platinum member fot the past decade, the reply was just a murmered "don't know!"
I was now allocated another room, I was asked if I would like any help with my luggage, I replied saying that would not be needed, my wife and I then moved our bags from room 078 to the new room, and when we entered the room it was still dirty and had NOT yet been serviced! Back to reception again and joined yet another que, the receptionist was "gobsmacked" that the room was dirty as on her system it was showing clean and ready for occupancy, she then asked us to go back to room 078 and she would phone me when housekeeping had serviced the room. After apprtoximately 50 minutes we received a call informing us that our new allocated room had finally been cleaned and serviced, at this stage we relocated and unpacked, from start to finish this scenario had taken nearly two hours so at four o'clock we were at last begining to settle down and unwind!
It is such a shame that this hotel lets itself down so badly as it has a wonderful setting with lovely ground's to explore, in such a tranquil and peaceful enviroment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heythrop Park Hotel is set in 440 acres of stunning Oxfordshire countryside and forms part of Heythrop Park Resort. The hotel is in a traditional 18th century mansion house and has access to the resort's extensive leisure facilities including an 18 hole championship golf course, spa and health club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heythrop Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heythrop Park Resort, Golf And Country Club
- Heythrop Park Resort, Golf & Country Club Hotel Chipping Norton
- Heythrop Park Hotel Country
- Heythrop Park Resort Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire