We booked two room on Priority club point breaks - so got a very good for a two night break. The hotel is in beautiful setting - with acres of woodland and a gold course in its grounds. First impressions is stunning!! My mother-inlaw and daughter shared a twin accessible room which was spacious and airy but no shower - of course ensuite with a bath with grab bars. The room was very clean with free refreshments, tea and coffee making facilities and biscuits. Our room was smaller with one double bed and a rainfall shower. Very nice room but too small for our tastes. I would recommend booking the twin accessible rooms if you prefer lots of space.
On arrival the porter was extremely helpful, indeed as were all the staff. My main issue with the hotel were the cost of the food and breakfast - at £18.50 per breakfast this made it unaffordable to us and we ate at the leisure centre. We purchased tickets for the evening dinner dance on the second night which we regarded as good value and excellent entertainment with a Tribute band to Take That. Please bookas soon as you arrive at the hotel to ensure you get good seats. Please beware because it is easy to run up a bill on the bar tariffs.
The hotel had a nice swimming pool at the leisure centre, though for those with walking difficulties it is some distance and uphill away from the hotel. A golf buggy can be booked for transport though it is not always available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heythrop Park Hotel is set in 440 acres of stunning Oxfordshire countryside and forms part of Heythrop Park Resort. The hotel is in a traditional 18th century mansion house and has access to the resort's extensive leisure facilities including an 18 hole championship golf course, spa and health club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heythrop Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heythrop Park Resort, Golf And Country Club
- Heythrop Park Resort, Golf & Country Club Hotel Chipping Norton
- Heythrop Park Hotel Country
- Heythrop Park Resort Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire