Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Heythrop Park Resort(Chipping Norton)
  • Breakfast included
Crown and Cushion Hotel(Chipping Norton)
  • Breakfast included
The Fox(Chipping Norton)
Bell Hotel(Charlbury)
View Hotel
The Lamb Inn(Shipton under Wychwood)
1,408 results
All reviewsgolf courseexecutive roomheythrop parktwo double bedsbrassey restaurantbeautiful groundscar parkseparate buildingconference facilitieslong drivemodern hotelleisure clubset menucourse dinnersauna and steam roombar arearound of golf
Reviewed 28 December 2017

I was very grateful to have stayed at this location for the Christmas period. The staff were welcoming and friendly. The room was clean and warm.
I was very impressed with the level of courtesy and the way that it was easy to converse with some members of the team. It was brought to my attention by Adolpho that some members of the team had requested English lessons in order to improve communication between themselves and the guests. I understand that most businesses are able to use funds they would have to pay in tax for training instead.
I was very impressed with the spa team, Kate was my therapist and I was delighted to hear that there are more holistic therapies being introduced. You have very experienced staff across the facilities and I would suggest that management listen to the good suggestions and implement them as they can.
I am a believer in unsung heros, Monica has a lovely way about her, a very lovely smile and I hope you support her as you are able to.
I had meant to share my connection with Olio, a food sharing app which helps reduce food waste by sharing with the local community. I regularly invite restaurants and cafes to get involved with local supporters. To really excel in hospitality, a responsibility to reduce waste and improve the local community is key.
There were many people who helped create the relaxing time for my family's mini break, thank you very much to you all.
I hope to return and enjoy your beautiful space again. I look forward to seeing what improvements have been made.
With my warmest regards and sincere thanks, Aliya

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
HPGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that our staff made an impression on the start of your stay and that you feel they were courteous . I am happy to see that you feel your room was warm and comfortable.

I am pleased that particular staff members made an impression on you, I will be sure to pass on your comments to Adolpho, Kate and Monica.

I hope to see you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

Called in with colleagues for dinner without a reservation. Our attempts to book failed as no one answered the phone. We eventually found the restaurant which was almost empty. It seemed to come as a shock to the staff that we wanted dinner, but having determined that they were open for business, they reluctantly showed us to a draughty corner with a wobbly table. We waited ages to be served so asked if we could see a menu and order some drinks. There was a reluctance to serve us for some reason and were handed a bar snack menu. We asked again for the proper menu which was brought out with a bit of attitude and we placed our order. We waited for almost an hour and were on the verge of walking out as the snooty staff made us all feel a bit uncomfortable and as if we shouldn't have been there at all. We all ate the food, which in fairness was lovely, though having waited for in excess of an hour, we'd have eaten anything I'm sure as were all starving by his point. It turned out that they were hosting a big event somewhere else in the hotel so all the smiling, helpful, polite and capable staff had I suspect been deployed there, leaving us with those deemed unsuitable for working in the hospitality industry. We won't be returning thats for sure, which is sad because it is a cracking venue. Not really sure why they treated us all with such contempt.

Room Tip: take at least 100 guests with you if you want to be treated properly
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank PeterPennyfellow

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am sorry to see that you experience with us was less than satisfactory. I can only apologise that when you tried to contact us, that our reception team were busy and weren't able to deal with your request. I am also sorry to see that were not happy with your table with in the restaurant, I am sure if you had asked out team, they would have been happy to offer you another table elsewhere in the restaurant.I can only apologise that you were made to feel uncomfortable by our staff members, this is very unusual.

Please feel free to contact me on JMakai@heythroppark.co.uk if you wish to discuss this further.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

We stayed here on the night of Saturday 9th for a work function. Firstly the outside is beautiful. The entrance is also very grand and was done out beautifully for Christmas. The rooms though are tiny. Just enough room to walk down either side of the bed and the same at the bottom. Heated with only one radiator. Don`t expect any frills with the rooms. The corridors to the rooms were absolutely freezing! One of our party was put in an area that was being renovated. All taped of with red and white tape.
Now the night we stayed it snowed! Got up in the morning to deep snow. People unable to get out the car park. There is a huge long drive way up to this hotel from the road. Maybe 2 miles or so. No effort made to clear the car park or the drive. Not one shovel to help. In my opinion there should be some sort of back up plan here. Cars were slipping all over the place. If they managed to get out the car park they were spinning on the drive, For a hotel this size they really need to have a snow plan! They must have on site handy men who could have been out helping. Although offering the rooms at a cheaper rate of £50 was a nice gesture, you then also had food to pay on top of this. We were lucky to make it out of here but others were not. The food we had on the night of the party was nice enough but not enough of it. Every portion was tiny. I have never seen a cod fillet so small in my life. Think mackerel size in a tin. I know the company paid a lot of money for this and it was very disappointing. Would not stay here again

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lozz37
HPGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am pleased to see that our entrance to the property made an impression on you.

I am sorry to see that you feel your room was not to your satisfaction, had you have spoken to our Reception team, they would have been more than happy to have assisted you with a room move providing we had the availability.

In regards to the snow, I am sorry to see that this had an impact on your stay with us. We did have a team of staff members out to do all that they could to clear the way for guests to leave our property. We had some staff members that were unable to make it to us due to public transport cancellations and to major disruptions on the road. There was also a weather warning instructing to not travel unless absolutely necessary. We are an incredibly large Resort, with 3 car parks and a 2 miles long drive, so it does take a considerable amount of man power and time to make it as safe as possible for guests to travel.

I would like to apologise that you feel the food portions were not to you liking, I do hope that you did enjoy it despite this.

I hope that you will reconsider staying with us again so we can have an opportunity to show you how great our property and service really is.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Expectations were high, as I was attending a Christmas party function. The long driveway and exterior setting is fabulous, if slightly odd with the original historical architecture extended with swathes of 1970s concrete. Think of the hotel in The Shining and you won't be far off.
I was in the 'S' wing of the building, and a long 4-5 minute walk from reception to my room is no exaggeration. It is my understanding that the hotel is slowly being refurbished, as other colleagues seemed to have much newer rooms, and there was also the smell of paint wafting down the hallway.

Highlights: Bed was comfortable.
Low points: It took 4 phone calls and 2 hours to get an ironing board and iron brought to the room.
2 of the 5 plug sockets in my room worked.
No bedside table, just a random hole in the headboard.
Only enough room to walk down the side of the bed on one side, as other side was jammed up against the radiator.
In December with snow outside, the heating was off.

Dinner was 3 courses. Brief review:
* Ham hock was brilliant
* Smallest most dubious fillet of cod I've ever seen. 'Selection of winter vegetables' was represented by 5 overcooked carrot sticks.
* For dessert, I am no culinary expert, but I am fairly sure that traditional Christmas pudding 1) isn't usually served as a slice, 2) isn't meant to have a skin around it.

Would I stay again? Not until the refurbishments were over.

Room Tip: If possible, specify one of the newer refurbished rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
HPGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments.

We are currently refurbishing the Shrewsbury Wing, I do apologise that the smell of paint was wafting towards your bedroom. Our Reception team may have been more than happy to have helped with a room move if this is something you were unhappy.

I am happy to see that you found the bed in your room to be comfortable. However I am sorry to see that you experienced some issue trying to acquire an ironing board and iron. I am sorry to see that you experience some other issues in your room as well.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the ham hock during your dining experience, but I apologise as well that some of the meal was not up to your standard.

Please do let us know if you wish to return to us, we can confirm if the refurbishments are over or not and we will also ensure that you are well looked after.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

attended as part of a conference. the hotel is huge, so plenty of room for all. My room was fine, no issues there, I stayed in room 1....never had that before. the conference hotel staff were very good. conference food was a little hit and miss, the fish and chip bar had very chewy fish, some of the sushi was great, others not so much, the noodle bar was too salty. that was offset by some other good food. the bar prices are eye wateringly high, given you are captured at the hotel I can see why that happens, but it would be nice for a hotel to be not so mercenary all the time

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
HPGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am pleased that the size of our property appealed to you. I am delighted that your allocated room was to your liking, I hope you found all the amenities you required. It is great that our staff made a positive impression on your stay. I am sorry to see that you feel the conference food was not consistent, I do hope that you found something that you enjoyed. I would also like to apologise that you feel our bar prices are high as well.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.