All reviewsmueslihigh streetthe hotel car parksuperior roomuneven floorshistoric hotelold buildingcourtyard roomfour poster bedvenisonsteeped in historyexcellent foodreception areafull englishsmall hotelbottled waterkippers
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My sister and I decided to take our grandmother away for a weekend to Burford. We found the Bull online and decided it looked like a nice play to stay. Well we weren’t wrong! We had a fabulous weekend here. Wayne the hotel manager could not have been more helpful. We arrived and we were at the very top of the hotel. My grandmother being 96 slightly struggled with all the stairs so Wayne very kindly put us in a ground floor room.

The food was delicious at dinner. Breakfast was a rather impressive spread which we thoroughly enjoyed.

The staff were all exceptionally helpful. All I’d say is there wasn’t enough of them and poor Wayne seemed to be doing 10 jobs at once!
Anyway they all made our stay a very enjoyable one. Nothing was ever too much. My granny even asked about churches as she wanted to go on Sunday and Wayne printed out the info of the local church for her. Honestly a superb hotel manager, Any hotel is lucky to have him!

Will definitely stay here again and highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Where do I start with The Bull at Burford... Firstly, we were greeted by a friendly member of staff who showed us right to our room, which was right at the back of the hotel, perfect for us and so peaceful! We opted to avoid the hotel car park after reading previous reviews about it being a bit tight, however, there is a huge free public car park only a 3 minute walk away, and you can leave your car overnight also!
We had dinner on our first night, as we used a travelzoo 2 nights and 50 pounds allowance for dinner (not including drinks). The food was AMAZING! Huge portions and just delicious. The staff were so so friendly too, and chatty which was lovely.
The morning breakfast was just as good, delicious cooked breakfast, or continental goodies if you want these also. I had eggs Florentine, and honestly, they are the best Eggs Florentine I have ever had.
Thankyou to all of the staff who made our stay so perfect, and we cannot recommend the Bull at Burford enough!

2  Thank chloenetuo
Reviewed 21 March 2018

We booked a two night short stay at the Bull which included breakfast and a £50 allowance towards an evening meal - more of that later!
The hotel presented as clean and well kept. It was full of Cotswold character, having a small bar, a larger downstairs lounge with a log burner and another lounge upstairs, which we never went in. The large dinning area was also downstairs, with the tables being well spaced. It was nice not to be squeezed in on top of other guests.
We booked a courtyard room, assuming they'd be slightly more spacious that those in the main building. We didn't see the bedrooms inside, but our courtyard room was certainly large enough for us. We had a four-poster bed, a small two-seater settee and the ensuite was amply sized with a wonderfully powerful shower. The room has all the usual hotel extras - tea, coffee, biscuits, bottles of water and an array of shower gels, creams and conditioners, wi-fi, TV etc.
From the moment we arrived until the minute we left, all staff we met were welcoming, friendly, pleasant, and helpful, very professional and couldn't do enough to help us. We really felt that service was personal.
The breakfasts were superb. The choice of non-cooked breakfast was exceptional with a range of fresh fruits, fresh fruit salad, dried fruits, nuts, seeds, yogurts, honey in the comb tempting the palate. The range of cooked options was almost as varied. I had the full English which I couldn't fault.
We ate in on one evening - wish we'd done so on both. The menu was ample with enough choices to keep your interest but not so many that made it hard to make a decision. At this point I will drop in my only criticism. I felt that the menu was quite pricey compared to others in the high street. However, that was more than amply compensated for by the £50 allowance and the excellent quality of the food. Taking those into account, it worked out to be pretty cheap!
If it is on the menu when you go, try the venison and rabbit medallions. I have eaten out hundreds of times in many different venues, towns, countries and I can quite honestly say that the venison and rabbit was one of the best meals that I have ever eaten. I suffer a little (nay, a lot) from food envy so I always take a peek at what others have ordered and I can say that they all looked as good as my dish.
Burford is in a beautiful area, surrounded by the ancient countryside of the Cotswolds, with a host of small historic villages to visit. There's also so plenty of village and country walks to go on.
This is probably the most positive review that I have written - I would strongly recommend a stay in the Bull. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: Our courtyard room was of a good size and quiet and enabled access without having to go into the main building and go upstairs.
5  Thank minesasc0tch
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This place can easily be overlooked from the outside. But once inside it has all the Cotswold charm. We had a lovely stay there and had the quirkiest of rooms. The floor sloped down and everything slid down the dressing table. It made us laugh. The staff are charming too. They make the best latte in the Cotswolds if you want to pop in. They also make their own Muesli that is delicious. I won't be sorry to come back!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ladysamolea
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Arrived at The Bull on Thursday 1st March after the snow struck and we got stranded in Burford. We turned up at 9 oclock at night and the staff could not have been anymore helpful! Gave us one of the best rooms at such a decent price! The rooms are a really nice size and the place has a lot of character. We were also treated to such a lovely fast service breakfast in the morning! We will definitely be visiting again!

Room Tip: room 16 and 17 top floor are really lovely