“Every bite was amazing”

OAKS Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #68 of 1,266 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Barbecue, British, Grill
Description: OAKS in Nottingham, is a 90-seater restaurant and bar serving locally-sourced produce, cocktails and craft ales. OAKS specialise in home-made sausages and meats cooked over wood embers with all logs being the natural by-product of sustainable coppicing by the Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust.
Reviewed 20 May 2017

The place itself looks beautiful. It was only us and another table there at the beginning so everything was quick, not much waiting for drinks and food etc. I've been wanting to go here for a while and it didn't disappoint. The food was incredible!! We had starters: scotch egg and cheese toast. Would highly recommend the cheese and toast! For mains I had the pork sausage with chips and onion rings. Beautiful!! Even the condiments they had were amazing and not the bog standard Heinz ketchup. Couldn't fault anything. Only thing is I literally couldn't hear one of the waitresses as she was so softly spoken, but we got the general gist of it. They had live music, the band was setting up as we were there so we weren't around to hear it unfortunately but I can't wait to return!

Karolina Z, General Manager at OAKS Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Hey Robyn,

Thanks for the awesome feedback, we're glad you enjoyed the food and our new Cajun spiced onion rings side, we love them too!

Next time hopefully you'll have an opportunity to listen to one of the acts that play here, we're looking forward to seeing you again :)

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Oaks is a great restaurant, with great staff. Special mentions to Kelly, whom of which was our waiter on the night, and Emilton, the bar staff, both of which made the night one to remember.

The night started off great, I made a reservation a week prior. In an attempt to make the night as special as possible I even submitted a special request to have the best seat in the house, a bit big headed I know, but boy I was impressed.

Everything was great right up to the moment we ordered our drinks, and out of share nervousness I accidentally spilled my drink on myself. At which point I though oh Christ what did I just do, to my rescue came Kelly, she helped cleaned up the mess I made whilst I tried to laugh off the whole incident and move past it :) at this point I was a glass of drink down, better yet it was all over me, to my rescue came a new glass of juice from the bar, courtesy of the bartender Emilton who saw what happened and helped me laugh it off and calm my nerves.

All in all this was the first time something like this happened to me on a date, but it was a night to remember because of the welcoming and entertaining atmosphere.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Hey, thanks for the fantastic review.

I will pass your kind words onto the staff and I hope your date went well!

We hope to welcome you again very soon! :)

Reviewed 18 May 2017

My husband and I are traveling through England and spending the evening in Nottingham. We located this restaurant as it was next door to our hotel. The manager Karolina took the time to help us order a platter of sausages that also included some specialties of the house. We talked to the chef's and they also made us feel extra welcome! What a treat to find out that not only was the staff helpful but the food delicious! Thank you one and all for making our evening so special! Would highly recommend!

Karolina Z, Manager at OAKS Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

It was so lovely to meet you and thanks a bunch for all your kind words!
Chefs were very pleased you loved food so much.
Enjoy the rest of your trip and hopefully we'll see you again sometime :)

Reviewed 16 May 2017

My job brought me to Notthingam, I've been to this restaurant twice and i have to admit that the quality of the food is great, but i need to admit that also the service is really nice was the best that I had in that period. I remember serving waiter called Luca, very helpful guy and friendly because the advice that he gave me was perfect, he seemed to be of those parts, and he liked what he was doing. Thanks for the nice experience!!

Hey Camilla!
Thanks so much for such a lovely comment. We're glad to hear you've enjoyed your experience with us every time you've visited.
We hope to welcome you on many more occasions.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

I have visited Oaks several times since its opening. Each time I've visited I have been impressed with the service, the waitresses are always polite and attentive. The food is consistently of high quality. The steaks are cooked according to preference, the Sunday roasts are both generous portions and perfectly cooked, the burgers are also enjoyable though the brioche buns tend to be quite buttery and rich. I can recommend all the sides in particular the naked coleslaw.

The open kitchen with the wood flame creates a great ambience and along with the wood clad informal surrounding makes for an overall enjoyable experience.

A real local gem!

Karolina Z, Manager at OAKS Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Hi Richard!
Thanks for the awesome review, we're glad you've enjoyed the dishes you've tried so far, we love the naked coleslaw too! I will pass your kind words onto the waitresses and we look forward to seeing you again! :)