Ibis Nottingham Centre
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
St James Hotel(Nottingham)
1,277 results
All reviewslace markettram stopcar parkcentral locationroom was cleandiscounted parkingexcellent locationbudget hotelsshower gelbars and restaurantswould stay againmotorpoint arenatwin roomstayed here for one nightrailway stationfriday nightshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed here with my partner for three nights and really enjoyed our stay. The room was a good size, well maintained and clean. The bed is a good size and very firm so we got a great nights sleep. The location is great right in the centre of the town so easy access to all shops, restaurants, cinema, train station etc. Even though it is in the city centre we had no issue with noise even with the window open.
I had the breakfast on one of the mornings and thought £7.50 for all you can eat/drink it was great value, food was fresh and there was plenty, the staff were pleasant and helpful. My only tiny issue was that there are only two towels in the room and these are quite small, as a lady with very long hair I need a second towel. I asked at reception on the first day and they gave me 2 more but unfortunately the chambermaid took them away each morning and only left me the original two which was a little annoying but fixable be asking again at reception. I would defiantly recommend this hotel and will book again on my next visit.

Room Tip: we were on the 5th floor and had no issue with traffic noise
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
rac6160, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thanks for your review, great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us @ Ibis Nottingham Centre.
2 towels are provided in every room as standard, extra towels can be collected from reception at any time during your stay. Hope to see you again on your next visit to Nottingham.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Ibis Hotel in Nottingham for three nights over a long weekend to attend a friend's wedding.

The hotel is slap bang in the middle of the City, located in the Lace Market quarter of the city and it well suited to access all what Nottingham offers.

Arriving by coach at the Braodmarsh bus depot my wife and I had a short five to seven minute walk from the Coach terminal and your walk would be only a five minute extra if you were coming from the rail station. We arrived at the hotel too early for check in and so requested our bags be stored whilst we waited for the room to be prepared. Whilst the hotel were able to do this and had remembered our request for a room on a low floor due to my wife's fear of heights we found the member of staff to be unhelpful and brusque. This however, was forgotten when we later dealt with their collegue who has extremely helpful and polite who helped us book taxis for getting to the wedding reception.

The room was clean and tidy. Housekeeping changed the sheets, towels and tidied everyday without intrusion on our privacy. The bed itself was a tad too firm for my liking although I still managed to sleep ten hours non stop each night! The bed only had two pillows, although I did find two extra pillows were provided but are kept in a bag, left for the occupant to dress and use at their discretion.

The big plus side of the room was the shower facilities. I love warm, powerful showers and the shower fitted the bill! I have to admit I loved the shower so much that I sometimes showered twice in a day!

Whilst the hotel did provide on demand wifi access and a choice of movies on demand my wife and I did not feel that it represented value for money and decided against purchasing it. This is stark congtrast to an simlar budget hotel in Nottingham where wifi is free. Also the TV options were limited to BBC 1,2 BBC news channel, ITV1, Channels 4 &5 plus two channels catering to French and German speakers. I think the hotel would benefit of providing Freeview as standard.

We also felt the same about the breakfast. My wife and I were able to take the short walk into Nottingham City Centre and find good options for food at better value.

Would I stay at the hotel again. Thats a yes. Its a good value for money budget hotel. The view of the city is nice. If you are staying for a few night be it to visit friends, the city or take in one of the many sporting options Nottingham offers you could not go wrong with a stay at the Ibis Hotel.

Room Tip: I would suggest you get a room away from the street so you don't get any of the noise form the clubbers or the near by tram line
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kevvyb0712

Thanks for your review following your recent stay with us @ Ibis Nottingham Centre. Great to hear that you found the hotel to be good value for money and that you enjoyed the location of the hotel in the heart of Nottingham City Centre. I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed for two nights over the weekend. Right in the centre of town and car park across the road (that offered a discount). Staff couldn't be more helpful to me, My tv was bad so they happily swapped rooms.

My Room was clean and although bed a tad hard it was Massive! OK, towels were a bit small but the Walk in shower was Amazing!

For the money I paid i am happy with the room and location and if i was visiting Nottingham again i would used ibis again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the recomendation, great to hear you enjoyed a hassle free stay with us @ Ibis Nottingham Centre and were able to take advantage of our discounted car parking rates available directly opposite the hotel @ Fletchergate Car Park. Look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

one of the nicer Ibis Hotels I've stayed at.

The rooms are simple and basic but thats what you should expect from an Ibis. We had aroom at the top of the building and the views over the city were excellent.

The Hotel is very centrally located and perfect for a one/two night stay when visiting the city.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your comments, Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us @ Ibis Nottingham Centre and enjoyed the views looking out over the great city of Nottingham. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

To some extent the hotel is good and is in good location at the city centre. so good for shopping and night out. but full of drunkards around so dont stay late out side more especially in weekends,

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
rac6160, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Thanks for your reveiw following your recent stay, I am pleased you enjoyed the comfort of the hotel. As with any city centre Nottingham is very vibrant at the weekends and is ideal for a good night out with plenty of bars, restaurants, cinema and clubs to enjoy.