“Consistently Excellent Coffee”

Ranked #4 of 60 Coffee & Tea in Nottingham
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 9
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are located in the old Flying Horse Inn, backing on to the arcade of the same name. The coffee shop has beautiful wood paneling on the walls and original stained glass windows behind the bar. We have respectfully renovated the ground floor to be an amazing space to pop in for a quick take away coffee or to sit and meet friends & colleagues. To showcase our coffee, we have installed the best espresso kit in the world today: the Victoria Arduino 388 Black Eagle, which sits alongside 2 Simonelli Mythos Ones. These are manned by our own highly trained baristas, who ensure that every cup of coffee is poured to perfection. The coffee shop will always have a selection of coffee beans on offer, comprising of our legendary Brazilian Love Affair house blend, and a guest single origin or seasonal arabica blend. Please have a chat to our staff about which you would suit your tastes, or just try them both! We know they are all great, as all our beans are roasted in our own roastery on Meadow Lane in Nottingham. We also prepare a range of food on site each morning, from smoked salmon bagels and buttermilk bacon muffins for breakfast, through to freshly baked breads, sandwiches, quiche and salads for lunch. There are plenty of cakes and treats on offer throughout the day
Reviewed 13 August 2018

We get 2 takeaway lattes every single lunch time from here.
My partner is a coffee snob (don't tell him I said that) and I don't like creme-y coffee (I like a proper good thick milk too)
They just get it right.
The food is pretty good too.
My favourite cake... hope you're listening because you don't have this in enough and I swear I would buy it like e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y ... is the chocolate blondie!
We bring everyone who visits us here.
Always busy, especially if you're trying to sit in.
Recently took my sister-in-law and her tiny baby (with like the biggest bloody pushchair you have ever seen) and we were perfectly comfortable (I think she would want me to mention that the baby changing facilities are upstairs in a loo).

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

First time been there with my friends. Friendly staffs and pretty cool place to have a good cup of coffee.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

This is coffee at its best, both in the temperature it is served and the beautiful, rich taste of the bean.

Add to that the accompanying cake selection selected and baked from heaven and you have the perfect little hidden away coffee house.

Enjoy!

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Based in the heart of the city, this coffee house is very tempting, offering a wide range of coffees freshly ground, plus cakes to suit all tastes. There is plenty of room including outdoors, plus coffee making classes. The décor has plenty of character, focusing on the original features of The Flying Horse Hotel, a tudor style building dating back over 300 years.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

If you want coffee when in Nottingham then you need to go to 200 degrees, it’s as simple as that!
As well as incredible coffee they also do a brilliant selection of sweet treats