“Had a nice time :)”

Rub Smokehouse & Bar
Ranked #518 of 1,376 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 46
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The American Smokehouse serving amazing creations, cooking low and slow in a party environment. #Rubyourselfie #epicfood #epicfun #epiccocktails
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I had a watermelon slushi which was lovely and refreshing! Also corn dogs taste lovely, be back in future - thanks ;)

Tyler M, General Manager at Rub Smokehouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to drop us some feedback regarding your recent visit. We are delighted to see you enjoyed your recent visit and will be looking forward to your next visit with us :)

Rub Smokehouse & Bar
Nottingham

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We were very quickly invited to seat and staff were very friendly. The food however was not good. We had the sharing platter. The onion rings had no seasoning, making them tasteless. The brisket was dry, chicken so dry it was inedible and half of the rack of ribs were also seriously overcooked. The chicken wings were great and mini burgers good but that was not worth the money we paid. When we complained we were given 2 very small and dry brownies which, had we have had whilst there, wouldn't have accepted. Serious disappointment as I came here to avoid the chain bbq places but it wasnt any better :(

Tyler M, General Manager at Rub Smokehouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Hello Emma,

Thank you for taking the time to send some feedback regarding your recent visit to Rub. I am sorry to see your recent visit did not live up to our usual standards and wanted to get in contact to send our apologies on the issue.

All our smoked meats are cooked fresh to order and I am very concerned you had such issues with your food. I was wondering if you could send me an email regarding the day of your visit so I can look personally into it for you. My email is: tyler@rubsmokehouse.com, hopefully then we can work to making amends on the issues.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We've been here before last year and had a wonderful time devouring 'The 51st State', so we decided as a treat to return and try to master The Hung, Drawn and Quartered.

Wow it was disappointing.

The server seemed enthused to be there, the menus were sticky and the food was disappointing. The buffalo wings were not buffalo flavoured, was more like a Korean BBQ which we didnt mind they at least tasted good, the sliders good, ribs lacked flavour, pulled pork was pulled fat, brisket was dry (even with the gravy which was wrong) and the chicken was more comparable to a Christmas turkey it was that dry! The corn had been cooked to mush, the coleslaw had not mayo or sour cream! How can you get coleslaw wrong?!?!?!?!

We've been to the states over a dozen times, and sure maybe it makes us a bit of a snob, but if you're going to charge £30+ for a sharing plate of dry, tasteless food then you've not grasped good cooking habits, let alone good american cooking.

We asked for a dessert menu, which everything was stuffed croissants...original i must admit but not American.

So we decided to leave, walked over to pay at the til and got chased off by the server who assumed we were walking out! Last time we came we paid at the till, and with no one coming to us for over 20mins to ask if we wanted dessert or the bill we assumed we went to the till.

Could not say I was inclined to return to this place again.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Don't bother - the service is ok but the food is not smoked and over cooked until it's dry and spoilt. They tried to say it was how it should be but it was way off the mark.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Absolutely loved every second of our visit. We were given a perfect table which had just enough room (some restaurants give couples ridiculously small tables, this wasn’t a problem at Rub). We were waited by Lyss who was the absolute perfect waitress, perfectly attentive but not overly so. Gave my girlfriend some sound advice when unsure what to order, can’t fault Lyss at all, absolute credit to the restaurant. Drinks menu alone was perfect, even for two people who had decided not to drink for the evening. Food was incredible, very reasonably priced considering how much we had, we ended up taking enough home for us both to have lunch the following day. Only reason I didn’t give 5 out of 5 was that the meat was kinda dry, I would of definitely given 4.5 if I could but I’m just being picky.

2  Thank Tom B
Tyler M, General Manager at Rub Smokehouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Hello Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch regarding your recent visit! I am over the moon to see you enjoyed your visit and got a true Rub experience! I will be sure to pass on the good news to Lys, as she will be chuffed with the news.

However we do take every feedback on board and I will pass onto our Head Chef! See you again soon.