“Best fish &a chips in Notts! ”

George's Great British Kitchen - Nottingham
Ranked #17 of 1,263 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A Good & Proper Place for Proper British Grub, Premium British Gins & Vodkas, beach Hut antics & Jolly Good Times!
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Came here earlier this month with some work friends. This was my first time here at George's and I have to say it was amazing! The food was spot on I love fish and chips and it felt like I was having it for the first time here! I had the traditional haddock and chips with mushy peas and tartar sauce. Firstly the fish was delicious just spot on nicely crisp batter and light and fluffy twice cooked chips. The peas were also really good but I have to say the tartar sauce was amazing the perfect compliment to the fish. I will definitely be revisiting here and I highly recommend this place to all fish lovers!
Also I have to say I thought it would just be fish and chips however they had so many options on the menu so definitely a place for everyone. Highly highly recommend I will be coming back here as often as I can!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Great buzzy atmosphere.
Tasty food- fish and chips good quality,well cooked.
Impressive pricing. £3.50 great for a decent glass of wine!
Would have got 5 stars if we'd been seated in a beach hut!

Reviewed 14 November 2016

This weekend we were visiting Nottingham, on Saturday we were doing some shopping before stumbling across George's.

I have read a few reviews before writing this and to all the negative ones I have read, I just want to say you must have been asleep or dreamt of a bad experience because this was by far one of the best restaurants we have visited and reviewed.

When we arrived we was told it would be a 10 minute wait for a table so we were shown to the bar. We had a round of drinks which was reasonably priced, however my only small gripe about the whole visit was that we were not able to start our tab at the bar and we had to pay for the drinks separately until we had been sat at our table.

A waitress came and got us and took us upstairs to our table which was in one of their quirky beach huts, we were given the menu along with the catch of the day/ special. 5 minutes late a different waiter come to our table and introduced himself and said he would be our server for the duration and took our first drinks order. My other half wanted a cocktail but was not sure so the waiter asked what she liked, I.E Sweet, fruity and then recommended what he thought was best.

He then went off and left us to ponder over the amazing menu! seriously I could have had one of each dish because all sounded superb.

A short time later he came back with our drinks, and took our food order. After pondering between two dishes I asked his opinion on what he though was better and he recommend I tried the fish and chips because the quality is some the best in the town.

Our order was as followed.

Starters:

1 x Chicken Schnitzel Burger

Deserts
1 x Trio of deserts
1 x Apple & Caramac Crumble Pie

Whilst the restaurant was packed the food came out it quick time, our starters we brilliant, and I must say the Cod Pakoras were an absolute triumph! so much flavour and the mint and cucumber yogurt was vibrant and insane.

Next up was our mains, I had the Fish and Chips as recommend and I don't say this lightly but this was by far the best fish and chips I have had ever! the fish was amazing the batter was light and crispy, the chips were perfect. the mushy peas were awesome and the tartar sauce and home pickled onion and gherkin was fantastic. I am seriously running out of compliments nor can put into words how good the fish and chips was.

My uncles pie looked great and he said was amazing, the meat was melt in the mouth, the crumble topping was delicious and the homemade onion gravy was rich in flavour.

finally our deserts! what a way to finish is all I can really say. they were sweet, sticky and tasted amazing. The trio was delicious and I must say the treacle tart artic roll was amazingly brilliant idea!

The Restaurant was reasonably priced as we spent about £95 which included 3 x 3 Course Meals, 2 x Cocktails, 1 X Double White Rum and Coke, 1 X Large Rose and 2 X Fanta's

Overall as you can tell we were very, very, very happy with our visit and we can not recommend highly. We all said we would love to have one of these in our home town as it would be a place we would go all the time.

Hats off to all the staff as you were brilliant and Georges was THE highlight to our weekend away to Nottingham.

We are already planning on coming back to Nottingham for another shopping trip and trust me we will be boking a table again.

P.S if you would like to open a restaurant in Southampton that would be great we wouldnt need to drive so far to visit you ha-ha!

Reviewed 14 November 2016

I had dined here only a week or so before and had a super time so decided to take a very dear friend along. Once again the atmosphere and surroundings did not fail to impress my friend. She thoroughly enjoyed her meal of baked cod with sweet potato mash but unfortunately my meal of scampi was only tepid.Once I got our waiters attention he took the meal away and I was presented with a whole fresh meal ,which was very hot some 5 to 10 mins later

Reviewed 13 November 2016

Great experience from start to finish. The restaurant had a really good vibe to it which you felt as soon as you arrived. The food is definitely more than just fish and chips albeit they were excellent. Some nice quirky ideas like mushy pea fritters were delicious as was the goats cheese dish one of my sons had. Everyone enjoyed their main course and could not wait for dessert, doughnuts and dips which are more like churros but still good.

Definitely worth another visit.

If they open in Manchester we will certainly be regular diners.