“Well overdue review!”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

My wife and I have visited the RA on numerous occasions over the past 18 months, as a couple, with friends, and with bigger family groups...we are lucky enough to live a minutes walk from the RA, and we couldn't ask for a better local!

Every time it has failed to disappoint. The quality of the menu is second to none; the food is always exceptional and even if your just having a drink, the choice of ales and wines are always varied.

Our favourites are the baked Camembert for starter, the blade of beef or the steak burger for main. The staff are always friendly and accommodating, we descended with a large family wedding party the day after our wedding and nothing was too much trouble.

Keep up the fabulous work, a real gem of a pub, that sets and maintains very high standards! We will be back very soon without a doubt.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

We had an Saturday night meal here. Nice gastro pub. Food was lovely and service was good despite them being really busy. Cost was reasonable. You can buy food bits and pieces here. The only thing I'd add is a cocktail menu! But there is a large range of gins for gin and tonic fans. They were really busy after our desserts so kindly asked us if we could have our bill and we moved to the bar area where we got a table and relaxed with drinks. Was a really nice pub and I'd go back.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

Returned to our favourite local dining pub last month.
An excellent range and choice of food as always, with service to match.
Well worth travelling a few extra miles for.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

Sorry, taken me ages to write a fantastic review about the RA wine tasting last Weds 30th November �� it was a great evening where I learnt a lot about the wines which complimented the gorgeous Christmas taster foods - both wine and food were amazing and I sampled food never tried before! The Majestic team were great down to earth people who could answer my basic questions and the RA front of house team were their incredible, friendly and efficient selves as always. A big well done to the kitchen/ behind the scenes team who kept preparing and sending out delicious food to us all. It was a great start to Christmas for Barry & I - can't wait for the next wine tasting! Thanks so much everyone xx

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

Went today for mother in lawS birthday. Food was great! I had a tasty rib eye with chips, mushroom, baby tomatoes and peppercorn sauce.

9/10 it was a delight!

We went for grandmas birthday and it was a little very family gathering. However with a 1,3 and 4 year old the service was miles too slow!! It is hard to keep them going at the table and even with white boards and marker pens we could not keep them engaged for that that long.

All in all a lady belt dining room. Friendly staff. Great menu, but just need to speed up if you are trying to entertain little ones.

Hope my review is helpful to you. I wish he k
The bendy best in the fortune gfm