1,677 results
All reviewsspa breakq hotelsbusiness parklawrence restaurantspa facilitiesseparate showerupgraded to a suitesauna and steam roompark and riderestaurant stafftrouser pressbar areafollowing morningmodern hotelwalk in showerbuffet stylea lovely stay
Reviewed 21 January 2011

I've stayed 3 times at the Belfry in the past few months, on business, and am very surprised to read the recent bad reviews. We all speak as we find of course, but I have been impressed by this hotel's service and facilities. The rooms are very comfortable and very clean - I was only in a standard room, but had no complaints. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom well-planned, spotless and everything worked. The staff are exceptional, really friendly and happy to help, wherever you are in the hotel. Love the gym, which has never been over-crowded, and the pleasant pool area with steam room and sauna. The food is tremendous, whether breakfast, lunch or dinner, and the conference facilities are well maintained and equipped. What's not to like? As a leisure hotel it is perhaps sited too far out of the city itself, but I could be tempted to book a break with the other half later in the year. Very minor niggles are the aircon unit and fan, which can be slightly noisy in the quiet of the night - but can be switched off - and the lack of instructions for the TV in the room (as a technophobe I struggled, and couldn't get the full screen picture - if I'd been in the room long enough to be bothered by this, I'm certain Reception could have talked me through it though). Thank you to everyone at the Belfry - unfortunately my business visits are at an end now, but I hope to be back.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Daisymaybe
MartLouwerse, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2011

Dear Daisymaybe
Thank you for your comments of The Nottingham Belfry Hotel.
I was so pleased to read that your stays in recent months have been enjoyable and that you were happy with the services and facilities.
I have noted your comments concerning the air conditioning unit in the bedrooms and even though you are correct in that it can be switched off if too noisy, it should not detract from the comfort of your stay, so I apologise if that was the case. With regards the information on how to work the TV. I will review this issue with our Maintenance team to see what we can do to improve the information provided. We have recently updated our in house guest directories in all of the bedrooms and even though this does now include instructions for the bedroom TV’s, we need to ensure there is information more easily visible, so that guests are not inconvenienced.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Nottingham Belfry, if not for business then at least for a leisure trip.
Best regards

Reviewed 21 January 2011

this hotel is good value for money gourgess rooms great food

Dear mi_ck-ey-2K6

Thank you very much for your kind comments concerning The Nottingham Belfry.
I was pleased to learn that you found the hotel to be good value for money and that you enjoyed the food and bedrooms.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Nottingham Belfry in the future.

Reviewed 16 January 2011

Stayed for my husbands 30th birthday. Upgraded to a Q star room to have lrger room and the extras. Fridge was not fully stocked with the drinks it was supposed to contain, only one dressing gown in the room, no japanese crackers supplied in room (on room description this was listed), newspaper was charged to room despite it being included with room upgrade. Room was nice, big, and clean.

Staff were generally polite but did not treat customers with the quality of service expected from a 4* hotel. We specifically asked for an early breakfast as we had to leave early - they had written this on our reservation and told us when we arrived that they could provide us with continental breakfast and would inform the chef. They clearly did not do this as all we had was a slice of toast that we helped ourselves to as they had left a packet of sliced bread out on the side (unintended) that we used. No drinks were offered to us.

All in all a nice hotel, but not a 4* due to the lack of detail and care by the staff working there.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
MartLouwerse, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2011

Dear BertiebObs

I would like to thank you for your feedback with regards to your stay at our hotel. I was very surprised and concerned to read your comments about the the lack of detail and service you received whilst at the hotel. We aim to give our guests a great experience during their stay, however we clearly failed to meet your expectations. Our Q-star rooms are unique and of a very high standard and the additional amenities should have given you this extra touch you would expect. I have personally spoken to our Head Housekeeper and Restaurant Manager to ensure that their teams focus on the attention to detail which was lacking during your stay.

Would it be possible for you to contact me personally so we can discuss your experience in detail?

Best regards
Mart Louwerse

Reviewed 11 January 2011

First impressions good. Bright and modern reception, friendly welcome. However, first bedroom allocated was on the roadside with lots of traffic noise. Room changed without difficulty to 219 on courtyard side. Spacious room with lots of accesories, lamps, pictures etc but marred by a huge burn on the desk, shower doors wouldn`t close easily from the inside, the sink tap leaked badly ruining the toiletries and my bag and the door wasn`t soundproofed so all passing guests and tv opposite were audible. Delicious breakfast though and excellent service in the lovely restaurant. Having stayed at a spotless Travelodge for £29 the previous evening I have to say this hotel bedroom at 119 euros was disappointing and poor value for money.

Dear Minsterman_58

Thank you very much for completing a review on Trip Advisor. I was concerned to read your comments with regard the poor standard of the fixtures and fittings in your bedroom. We have a rigorous preventative maintenance programme in place, which normally addresses issues of this kind to ensure a guest’s stay is problem free. I am sorry if this detracted from what was otherwise a positive experience. Please be assured your comments will be shared with both our Housekeeping and Maintenance teams, as we like to use the feedback we receive for retraining purposes and as a tool for continuous improvement.

On a more positive note I was pleased to learn that you appreciated your breakfast and found the Restaurant service to be of a high standard and also that the Reception team were able to accommodate a room change when you requested it. We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Nottingham Belfry Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 9 January 2011

Overall an excellent hotel, very well run, clean and of a high quality. On the positive side :-
1) Nice modern rooms which are clean and well serviced
2) Food simply superb
3) Ample parking
4) Reception staff polite, attentive and efficient.

I am in business and It is the attention to detail that really makes a product stand out from the crowd. This is where perhaps the Belfry let themselves down on this occasion. I wanted to stay at this hotel and managed to recognise the description of the hotel on Last Minute.com Mystery hotels site so got a great deal at £60 per night B & B for 2. Now for that price, of course I don't expect to get the presidential suite but I do still expect to get what was promised. Sadly the complimentary robes and daily bottles of water in the room were missing. Also, and this was very important to me, I requested well in advance a quiet room at the end of a corridor as I don't sleep well when away from home. You guessed it, I got the first room you come to in a corridor and it was overlooking the busy main road outside the hotel. I arrived late and simply didn't have the desire to lug all my stuff back to reception to change rooms again so this annoyed me a little. Why why why don't people read customer requests and try and meet them wherever possible. This was the first working day after Christmas so the hotel was only about 1/3rd full so if wasn't a question of no rooms available to meet the request and there were plenty of rooms at the rear of the hotel overlooking a quiet area!

I also think the price of the food, although it is excellent, is a little steep. I took room service on the second night. 2 main courses ( not fillet steak and caviar !), a side salad, 1 glass of red wine and a bottle of beer plus a bottle of water came to £50! Bit heavy in my opinion and resulted in me eating out on the next two nights! Guys this is Nottingham, not Notting Hill ! Price it a bit more reasonable and I would have eaten in all 3 nights and your net profit would then have been more!

Got to say though that when the Broadband didn't work the service I received was totally outstanding with someone at my door within 5 minutes to sort it out. I even think it was the Manager, Warrren, who personally came and this guy is pretty red hot believe me. Really appreciated that thanks.

So overall a very good hotel, well managed and I would definitely stay there again. Probably one of the best I have stayed in for a long time. Sort out the attention to detail and this place would be a real gem and hugely better than the competition in the area.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business

Dear Joebananas8

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at the Nottingham Belfry Hotel. Although I was concerned to read your comments concerning your room allocation; you are absolutely right – there is no excuse for not accommodating guest requests, especially during quiet periods and I can only apologise that this was not picked up, in time for your arrival. Your comments with regards the price of food is also of value and whilst we pride ourselves on providing a competitive product, I will ensure we conduct some more in depth competitor checks, as we have a great opportunity to capture more of our in-house residents to dine within the hotel and we need to maximise on that.

On a more positive note it was pleasing to learn that the issues you experienced with the broadband connection were resolved quickly and efficiently and your comments have been passed on to Warren.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Nottingham Belfry in the future.