“Wonderful”

The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Booked a superior room for a lazy weekend. The room was quiet large with flat screen tv,tea & coffee facilities, lots of towels and dressing robes ( which are great to wear to the spa).
The staff were marvellous, food was delicious, the chef would try to help and do what ever food you require if at all possible.
The spa and staff was heavenly and very good on prices, we had facials and massages and would certainly reccommend a visit.There is also a pool,jaccuzzi,sauna + lots more.
We didn't leave the hotel from the minute we arrived until checkout.
Their deals are worth taking up D&B&B was £ 47.50 p.p.p.n a bargain at double the price.. Would definitely go back.

1  Thank MazSolihull
MartLouwerse, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2011

Dear MazSolihull

Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor.
I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, as we pride ourselves on ensuring our guests receive personal care and attention.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Nottingham Belfry in the very near future.

Martinus Louwerse

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 January 2011

I've stayed 3 times at the Belfry in the past few months, on business, and am very surprised to read the recent bad reviews. We all speak as we find of course, but I have been impressed by this hotel's service and facilities. The rooms are very comfortable and very clean - I was only in a standard room, but had no complaints. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom well-planned, spotless and everything worked. The staff are exceptional, really friendly and happy to help, wherever you are in the hotel. Love the gym, which has never been over-crowded, and the pleasant pool area with steam room and sauna. The food is tremendous, whether breakfast, lunch or dinner, and the conference facilities are well maintained and equipped. What's not to like? As a leisure hotel it is perhaps sited too far out of the city itself, but I could be tempted to book a break with the other half later in the year. Very minor niggles are the aircon unit and fan, which can be slightly noisy in the quiet of the night - but can be switched off - and the lack of instructions for the TV in the room (as a technophobe I struggled, and couldn't get the full screen picture - if I'd been in the room long enough to be bothered by this, I'm certain Reception could have talked me through it though). Thank you to everyone at the Belfry - unfortunately my business visits are at an end now, but I hope to be back.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Daisymaybe

Dear Daisymaybe
Thank you for your comments of The Nottingham Belfry Hotel.
I was so pleased to read that your stays in recent months have been enjoyable and that you were happy with the services and facilities.
I have noted your comments concerning the air conditioning unit in the bedrooms and even though you are correct in that it can be switched off if too noisy, it should not detract from the comfort of your stay, so I apologise if that was the case. With regards the information on how to work the TV. I will review this issue with our Maintenance team to see what we can do to improve the information provided. We have recently updated our in house guest directories in all of the bedrooms and even though this does now include instructions for the bedroom TV’s, we need to ensure there is information more easily visible, so that guests are not inconvenienced.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Nottingham Belfry, if not for business then at least for a leisure trip.
Best regards

Reviewed 21 January 2011

this hotel is good value for money gourgess rooms great food

Dear mi_ck-ey-2K6

Thank you very much for your kind comments concerning The Nottingham Belfry.
I was pleased to learn that you found the hotel to be good value for money and that you enjoyed the food and bedrooms.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Nottingham Belfry in the future.

Reviewed 16 January 2011

Stayed for my husbands 30th birthday. Upgraded to a Q star room to have lrger room and the extras. Fridge was not fully stocked with the drinks it was supposed to contain, only one dressing gown in the room, no japanese crackers supplied in room (on room description this was listed), newspaper was charged to room despite it being included with room upgrade. Room was nice, big, and clean.

Staff were generally polite but did not treat customers with the quality of service expected from a 4* hotel. We specifically asked for an early breakfast as we had to leave early - they had written this on our reservation and told us when we arrived that they could provide us with continental breakfast and would inform the chef. They clearly did not do this as all we had was a slice of toast that we helped ourselves to as they had left a packet of sliced bread out on the side (unintended) that we used. No drinks were offered to us.

All in all a nice hotel, but not a 4* due to the lack of detail and care by the staff working there.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
MartLouwerse, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2011

Dear BertiebObs

I would like to thank you for your feedback with regards to your stay at our hotel. I was very surprised and concerned to read your comments about the the lack of detail and service you received whilst at the hotel. We aim to give our guests a great experience during their stay, however we clearly failed to meet your expectations. Our Q-star rooms are unique and of a very high standard and the additional amenities should have given you this extra touch you would expect. I have personally spoken to our Head Housekeeper and Restaurant Manager to ensure that their teams focus on the attention to detail which was lacking during your stay.

Would it be possible for you to contact me personally so we can discuss your experience in detail?

Best regards
Mart Louwerse

Reviewed 11 January 2011

First impressions good. Bright and modern reception, friendly welcome. However, first bedroom allocated was on the roadside with lots of traffic noise. Room changed without difficulty to 219 on courtyard side. Spacious room with lots of accesories, lamps, pictures etc but marred by a huge burn on the desk, shower doors wouldn`t close easily from the inside, the sink tap leaked badly ruining the toiletries and my bag and the door wasn`t soundproofed so all passing guests and tv opposite were audible. Delicious breakfast though and excellent service in the lovely restaurant. Having stayed at a spotless Travelodge for £29 the previous evening I have to say this hotel bedroom at 119 euros was disappointing and poor value for money.

Dear Minsterman_58

Thank you very much for completing a review on Trip Advisor. I was concerned to read your comments with regard the poor standard of the fixtures and fittings in your bedroom. We have a rigorous preventative maintenance programme in place, which normally addresses issues of this kind to ensure a guest’s stay is problem free. I am sorry if this detracted from what was otherwise a positive experience. Please be assured your comments will be shared with both our Housekeeping and Maintenance teams, as we like to use the feedback we receive for retraining purposes and as a tool for continuous improvement.

On a more positive note I was pleased to learn that you appreciated your breakfast and found the Restaurant service to be of a high standard and also that the Reception team were able to accommodate a room change when you requested it. We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Nottingham Belfry Hotel in the near future.